“Quiet and quality vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dessole Mirabello Beach & Village

You added Dessole Mirabello Beach & Village to your Saves list
Dessole Mirabello Beach & Village
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Havania, Agios Nikolaos, Crete 72100, Greece (Formerly Iberostar Mirabello Beach & Village)   |
Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Agios Nikolaos
Athens, Greece
“Quiet and quality vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Built in a quiet area, 5 minutes drive from the city center of Agios Nikolaos, it offers a quality stay with a very nice beach. The problem in north Crete is the north wind, because it makes the sea very wavy and swimming is difficult. In this hotel they have protected the beach with a construction made of stones and no matter what is the weather, you can enjoy swimming. Also it has a working wifi in all the hotel including the rooms and they do a very good job in cleaning. Don't hesitate to choose it for your stay in Crete . The area has easy access in many good places to visit, as Vai with the palm tree forest, Ierapetra, with the very long beach, Malia, famous for the night life etc.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are really very relaxing
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Greek first
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A group of us "slightly older but VERY active " ladies booked the Mirabello hotel on half board. My sister & I had booked a twin room with a garden view but when we got there at midnight, walked into the room to find a double bed & on looking out of the window saw a massive brick wall about 10 feet away - no view whatsoever. We immediately went back into reception who offered to change our room for the night & sort out the bed the next day. We refused to accept that room so they moved us to another room which was nice & we were able to keep it for the duration of the holiday. There were sandwiches & crisps for our arrival but both the sandwiches & the crisps were very stale & we couldn't eat them. Two good points, there was an empty fridge which we could use for our own items & the digital safe was free, however these were outweighed by the bad points. The food was the same every day.& was always warm not hot (even though we went for meals at the opening time), the bacon in the morning was half cooked but I can say the desserts were delicious. The entertainment was absolutely awful & the price of the drinks was shocking - ordinary water at dinner was charged at 2,00 euros a 2 litre bottle but the same water in the supermarket opposite was 60 cents & a half litre of sparkling water was a massive 2.70 euros & cocktails in the bar were 8.50 euros each - just as well we are not big drinkers. Except for the supermarket opposite the hotel there were no shops or places to go in the area unless you wanted to walk about 30 mins or get a taxi. I will accept that the hotel was very clean, the bed linen changed every other day & the towels changed every day. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Would we go back to this hotel or area again? - DEFINITELY NOT.. .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My daughter is getting married in Crete in September this year so we popped over for a flying visit to check everything out and have a meeting with the wedding planner. We chose to stay in this hotel because it is where everyone will be staying in September and thought it would be nice to have a look. We took a pre booked taxi from the airport and the journey was about an hour. Apparently it is 2½hrs if you take the coach, so I am glad that we decided on private hire. The hotel upgraded us to a seaview room on arrival and it was really lovely, big and airy. The view over the cove was lovely too and would be well worth whatever extra it would cost for a longer holiday. The food was really good too, we were half board but for our final day we paid €30 each and upgraded to all inclusive which was really worth it if you intended staying in and around the hotel. The cocktails on all inclusive were pretty nice too! Whilst there I found all the staff really helpful and friendly and this small taster left me wanting more and we cannot wait to go back. If there was one small disappointment it was the hairdryers on the wall in the bathroom which were pretty ineffectual and next time I will take my own.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Horsham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Fabulous hotel, we stayed in a bungalow within the village area which I would totally recommend, massive room and huge balcony which I paced out as about 20 metres long x 5 wide. The cleaning did leave a little to be desired but there were clean towels every day even though we did not request them, having 2 showers in the bathroom was unusual but a great time saver. There was the statuary TV, tea/coffee facility plus a fridge which was a bonus. Why pay 4.5 euros for a beer when the supermarket next door sells them at 1.10 for a large can. The food was reasonable, breakfast was basically the same everyday but everything you would want was available, dinner was not so good, lots of repetition and in my opinion not always of the highest standard. Also at the restaurant, there is a sign requesting men to wear long trousers at dinner, however the request was totally disregarded, loads of guys wore shorts, even noticed a vest top and a few football shirts, I personally find this bad manners and the restaurant staff should implement their own rules. The Mirabello is supposed to be a good quality hotel and this demeans it,. The hotel entertainment can only be described as dire and the worst I have ever come across. The so called animation team tried to organise stupid games during the day, then after dusk proved their complete lack of talent by miming to show songs (badly) or trying to perform comedy routines which made you cringe. One good aspect on the facilities however, my partner had a head,shoulders and back massage, she stated it was the best she can remember and really made her feel good. Right on to trips. We only booked a couple. From this area Spinalonga is a must but I urge anybody reading this review to ignore the Thomson trip and do it yourself. Take the local bus from outside the hotel to Plaka, it's a 10 minute crossing and once on the island there are loads of information boards, whereas the organised trip provides just about an hour on the Island, 2 hours in Elounda (15 minutes is enough) plus an included lunch, the lunch is poor don't do it. We also went to Knossos - this was a very interesting ancient site, coupled with a fantastic and interesting guide made a great day out. We were told the 4x4 trip was also good but other excursions had not started (we returned 18 May). It took about 20 minutes to walk into Town where there were plenty of bars and restaurants and seemed very pleasant although in high season I can see this being very busy. Overall a good holiday, good hotel, great room, weather not brilliant quite cloudy and breezy at times, we will not be returning to this hotel or resort though.....Too many other places to explore.

Room Tip: Choose a bungalow room. Massive balcony, Large room, large bathroom, loads of cupboard space. Ours h...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My daughter decided to get married in Crete! She booked the Mirabello Beach and Village hotel based purely on photographs!

Turned out to be a brilliant choice, the all inclusive price was certain worth the few extra dollars, the staff responded to every issue immediately and resolved it. The Greek food offered was always outstanding, however, the English/American offering were not quite as stellar!

For my part I was there to eat Greek, local fare, and I was bombarded by an outstanding choice of fresh Greek produce!

The was a great experience in every way possible, the wedding went off without a single hiccup and it was a relaxing and restful week away from the daily grind!

Stayed May 2014
birmingham uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

just back from mirrabello hotel.The site and hotel are 5 star. The bar prices are definitely 5star.
The staff and housekeeping are first rate, but I found the food,although plenty of choice. was
more 3 star,except for breakfast which was marvellous. I had 10 days there and only had about five really good dinners.There is a lovely taverna 200 yards away called Diogenis and it is VERY
GOOD.Good bus service to ag and elounda.would I go back. No

Room Tip: If you want quiet room ask for high floor
Cumbria, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Excellent check in when our transfer was delayed. I asked for a cold platter of food, which was accommodated for, albeit a rather stale sandwich and soggy crisps. No hot drink but stocked mini bar with soft drinks and water.
The room was extremely spacious and clean. Bathroom also spotless with toiletries supplied.
Free safe and mini bar restocked daily (soft drinks only).
The food in the restaurant was excellent. Plenty of choice and all tastes catered for. The all inclusive option was good value. It would have been even better with larger choice of drinks with meals.
Wide variety of nationalities staying in the resort.
Evening entertainment was fairly average.
A good 20-25 minute walk to the centre of Agios Nikolas and the walk is along the main road. No coastal paths. Very busy in the town.

The reason this resort is short of perfect is a couple of reasons -
1) I like to take a stroll - coastal path, promenade or looking at local shops after our evening meal, however, this resort was quite a way from the local gift shops and nowhere to walk to.
2) No Loungers on the balcony only a couple of wicker chairs.

I was disappointed to overhear a conversation that someone had booked the resort on a cheap accommodation website, and had secured a bungalow with its own private pool (shared with another bungalow). I was disappointed as I exchanged this resort with my timeshare and considered my maintenance fees and exchange fees would have warranted this same standard.

In all, we enjoyed our stay at the Mirabello Village. My only other comment would be that I would recommend a private taxi transfer as the coach transfer takes approximately 2 1/2 hours.

Weather was good for first half of holiday, however last 3 days it did cloud over and cooled down in the afternoon and chilly in the evening.

Stayed 10 - 17 May 2014

Room Tip: We stayed in apartment 770 which looked over to Agios Nikolas. Large room and very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Dessole Mirabello Beach & Village? Share your experiences!