A great hotel in a fabulous location just off the beach. The rooms were spotless and cleaned daily with new towels and free air conditioning (thanks Sophia).We arrived in the early hours which meant someone waiting up for us (but you could not get a more welcoming and cheerful person) and thoughtfully a plate of food each and cold water were in the fridge of our room (Dias). The staff could not do enough for you and were particularly helpful with my vegetarian dietary requirements, even making me separate meals when there was only one vegetarian main course. The food at each meal was great anyway. The service at the bar was great and really friendly (thanks Manilos and George). In fact all the staff were fantastic. My partner had a birthday whilst there and the staff surprised him with a platter of fruit and a bottle of wine on the day which was something so considerate and I had never had this in a hotel before. Our balcony light did not work and was fixed within two/three hours of reporting this. The area is so picturesque and there is places to go and trips to take as well as a mix of shops and bars in the town centre which is a 5 minute walk up the hill. The only thing was that the pool is quite small but this did not bother us as the sea is virtually across the road should you want to swim. All said I would return there myself and recommend it to anyone for a great all inclusive break.
- Also Known As:
- Mare Apartments Agios Nikolaos
- Mare Hotel Apartments Crete/Agios Nikolaos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mare Olympus Apartments in Aghios Nikolaos CreteMare Olympus Apartments is an exquisite combination for those questing for tasting the core of the vivid nightlife of the cosmopolitan city of Agios Nikolas as well as the quietness of a blue flag fully organized beach! Being situated in one of the oldest and quieter neighborhoods and next to Kitroplatia beach, our guests may choose to walk around the tiled little streets of the shopping district and it numerous stores or swim in the pebble beach whose waters are so clearly transparent that urchins are visible on the rocks. Just at the other side of the cove, at the end of a tiled ally full of romantic restaurants and cafes, lovers of walking may find a newly created foot path by the sea leading them finally to the organized yacht marina. The property is blessed with extraordinary views of wild Cretan mountains, the Chaene Gorge and the endless blue of the sea that like a carpet extends itself till the eye can see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mare Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.