First time for us in Crete and what a super location this hotel is in this lovely resort. We were expecting this to be an Iberostar hotel but it seems to have been taken over by Dessole who also ran the hotel next door and a 5* along the bay.
We arrived near midnight and was pleased to see that a salad meal had been left for us in the fridge. The room was fine, a little tired in places but a super shower and great balcony overlooking the bay. No kettle (but had taken our own) although our friends on floor 7 had tea making facilities. Our perfectly decent flat screen TV was replaced with a brand new LG flat screen half way through the week. Safe was free too. As commented earlier the bed was a tad hard but we so exhausted most nights we crashed as soon as we hit the pillow.
The meals were very good, excellent variety (we were half board) and several nights had a BBQ themed dinners, and, much to our surprise drinks were fairly priced with 8euros for a decent bottle of wine.
All the staff were very friendly (as are the Cretans) and the hotel generally was clean and tidy.
Pool area was good with a slat water pool on the 5th floor or you could swim in the sea which was pleasant once you got your swimsuit wet! The snack bar for us non AI was also very reasonable and there was certainly no disadvantage in being HB. In fact en route home a fellow holidaymaker said he wished he'd gone HB too.
You are minutes walk from the town centre and harbour so couldn't be better located. The Animation team were nice and weren't in your face asking you to play mindless games all the time. The evening entertainment was ok, held in the area around the pool and adjacent to the restaurant. I had a look in the gym which seemed to have all the facilities for fitness fanatics.
So all in all we were very impressed and are seriously thinking of going back in October for an autumn break but would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel in the future. There is so much to see on this vast island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the coastal line of Mirabello bay, Hermes hotel gives you the opportunity to tastethe unique Mediterranean Sea and is only one step away from the heart of the lively city ofAgios Nikolaos. Hermes is the perfect starting point for those wishing to explore the wondersof Crete simultaneously offering an experienced service and numerous facilities for yourcomfort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Dessole Hermes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Crete
- Hermes Agios Nikolaos
- Dessole Hermes Crete/Agios Nikolaos