We stayed for 10 nights at the start of May 2011 with breakfast and dinner included.
We didn't have any problems getting sunbeds at all, perhaps because we were early in the season.
Breakfast was a wide selection, but there was no orange juice, only squash.
We weren't allowed a kettle in the room. Coffee at the bar was 2 euroes and there was an extra 2 euro charge for room service. Note that 2 euroes is the going price for coffee elsewhere in the resort so it's not just the hotel that's expensive.
Staff at the pool bar seemed a bit overworked, with dishes and glasses piling up around the bar during the day. There were only 2 waitresses for the entire pool area.
The beds were hard but there was plenty of storage space for luggage and the room was spotlessly clean.
The plumbing was terrible, but that is probably a problem throughout Greece. When I wanted to empty the bath, the water came up through a drain in the floor and risked flooding the room.
We only got one pillow each but reception were helpful and got us another when we asked.
Our room faced the back, a noisy alleyway with motorbikes and a barking dog, so we had to keep the balcony door closed at night.
The location is good, just a few minutes walk to the centre of town, but on the seafront.
There were a few young people in tracksuits, employed by the hotel to persuade guests to join them for activities, which was a bit annoying and noisy but other guests might appreciate this.
The sound insulation wasn't good, so we could hear other guests at night.
There was free internet and a couple of computers for guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the coastal line of Mirabello bay, Hermes hotel gives you the opportunity to tastethe unique Mediterranean Sea and is only one step away from the heart of the lively city ofAgios Nikolaos. Hermes is the perfect starting point for those wishing to explore the wondersof Crete simultaneously offering an experienced service and numerous facilities for yourcomfort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Dessole Hermes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Crete
- Hermes Agios Nikolaos
- Dessole Hermes Crete/Agios Nikolaos