“Very relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Very relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

There are a lot of good things to say about this hotel - the location is great if you want to be away from the immediate hustle and bustle of a town but close enough to walk in (about 25 mins) The pool area is lovely and we especially liked the sun loungers on the rocks by the sea - beautiful views and a lovely cooling breeze!

The food is good/OK - breakfast was great, dinner was OK but after 7 nights we were bored of the buffet. We were on half board basis and you can only dine in the buffet restaurant as part of that package or get a percentage discount in the other restaurants. Wine was quite expensive also - beware!!

The grounds are also lovely - lots of places to sit and take in the views of the bay. Staff in the main were very friendly and courteous. I ordered boiled eggs one morning and they came very soft boiled when I had asked for medium - I was happy to just leave them and get something else from the buffet but the restaurant manager (I think that's who he was!) noticed and insisted on getting me some more and checked personally that they were OK - great service! It was also my birthday whilst we were there and a lovely decorated cake was left in our room on the day which was a very nice touch and most welcome.

The only slight downside for us was the room - there was nothing actually wrong with it - it was spacious, clean, had a sea view and the bathroom was stocked with lovely Korres toiletries - it just wasn't what I expected of a 5 star hotel. We were actually given a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite but even then it was just lacking something for me. However, as I said, there is nothing actually wrong with the rooms - maybe I am being too fussy!

Having said all that, I would definitely recommend - maybe for couples or solo travellers mostly as it is quiet and quite refined!

Room Tip: The suites with private pools looked lovely!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
managerGreece, Γενικός Διευθυντής at St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
My sincere thanks for taking the time to post your review with reference to your recent holiday with us and I am delighted to read that our Hotel and services provided have met your expectations and hope to return one day.
The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority and we are much looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Costas Sp. Zarbalas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

There are so many things I loved about this resort:
1. Beautiful location, right on the sea
2. Private balcony with beautiful view of sea and sunrise
3. Large room and bathroom
4. Quiet and relaxing
5. Swimming in the clear sea and the lounge chairs/umbrellas right next to it.
6. Gorgeous infinity pool and deck area
7. Delicious buffet breakfast and menu daily
8. The grounds are lovely to walk through
9. The staff were wonderful
10. Close to the quaint downtown area, but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the town.

Very romantic getaway....I'd definitely go back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on your recent holiday with us and for emphasising the location and food but especially your great experience with all our staff. I am extremely happy and grateful to read that the philosophy and one of the trademarks of our hotel, namely high professionalism combined with genuine care is being felt and recognised by our valued guests.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Overpriced in comparison with my previously reviewed 5 star hotels.
Place, beach, beach facilities - 5 star.
Hospitality of personnel - 5 star, very warm and friendly (except waiters). Waiters (at least 3 of them) in breakfast resto and dinner resto never smile and sometimes there is a feeling that they owed me the money and I did not returned it.
Waiters in lunch resto are good.
Our room had wonderful view from our room but room is aged and small (need to mention that hotel is renovating some rooms in upper part of the hotel, silently), so hopefully it will be ok soon.
Cleaning was not good if even we left tips. Windows, mirrors, doors are not clean.
Food. Patisserie is perfect. Dinners were surprising. Some dishes were good, but not 5star. Some were unacceptable for 5 star hotel at all. All week not much diversity. I would advise to refuse from HB and make good food for money.
Hotel has a wonderful park area.
Spa personnel is very professional, cosmetics used is good, but spa facilities are awful. I would make renovation as soon as possible, especially would close the hammam as there is no place for it. If hotel is pretend to write at its site that there is hairdresser facilities there should be place where the hairdresser can work (to wash hair for example).
Commonly цe liked and would return only on breakfast basis and to new room. My 4 point rating is mostly for hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on your recent holiday with us and for emphasising the location, food and spa but especially your great experience with all our staff. I am extremely happy and grateful to read that the philosophy and one of the trademarks of our hotel, namely high professionalism combined with genuine care is being felt and recognised by our valued guests.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from our second visit to this hotel. Everything about this hotel is great, the staff are very helpful and attentive at all times, wide variety of high quality food at every meal time, rooms are spotlessly clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone one young or old you will have an amazing relaxing time, we hope to return for our 3rd visit very soon. Thanks to all the staff for all your hard work.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for returning to our Hotel again and for your kind comments on our staff. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority and we are much looking forward to welcome you again at the St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Just returned from a weeks holiday, truly impressed, what a great place.
From the minute we arrived to the minute we left nothing was too much trouble for manager Nicos and the staff.
My 1st time in Crete, it is truly beautiful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your comments posted recently and I am delighted to read that our Hotel, staff and service have met your expectations.
I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again and thank you very much for recommending our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I have just come back from a week in this wonderful hotel and we cannot fault anything. The staff is very helpful and discreet, the rooms are elegant, the pool area simply stunning. You could sit there all day enjoying the views. It is a 20 minute walk to the town centre so very well located. We thoroughly recommend this hotel to anybody wanted to visit this area of Crete. We shall certainly be going back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
managerGreece, Γενικός Διευθυντής at St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on your recent holiday with us. I am extremely happy and grateful to read that the philosophy and one of the trademarks of our hotel, namely high professionalism combined with genuine care is being felt and recognised by our valued guests.

england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have just returned from this beautiful hotel.
Check in was great, staff were very efficient we were quickly checked in and shown to our club suite which was amazing. The views out to the sea were incredible. Our balcony area felt very private.
The overall feel of the hotel is very greek which is exactly what we wanted - we wanted to feel like we were in Greece but also have luxury. This hotel is perfect.
We stayed on half board and the food was amazing. You either had the choice to use the buffet or have ala carte dining. Every night there was something different, the food was not reptitive at all. Can highly recommend staying half board.
You can walk out to Agios Nikolaos it takes around 20-25 minutes.

Staff at this hotel clearly enjoy working there which really stands out, they cannot do enough for you. The management are often around at breakfast and evening meal chatting with all guests.

I will definately be returning next year without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Costas Sp. Zarbalas

Been to St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!