There are a lot of good things to say about this hotel - the location is great if you want to be away from the immediate hustle and bustle of a town but close enough to walk in (about 25 mins) The pool area is lovely and we especially liked the sun loungers on the rocks by the sea - beautiful views and a lovely cooling breeze!
The food is good/OK - breakfast was great, dinner was OK but after 7 nights we were bored of the buffet. We were on half board basis and you can only dine in the buffet restaurant as part of that package or get a percentage discount in the other restaurants. Wine was quite expensive also - beware!!
The grounds are also lovely - lots of places to sit and take in the views of the bay. Staff in the main were very friendly and courteous. I ordered boiled eggs one morning and they came very soft boiled when I had asked for medium - I was happy to just leave them and get something else from the buffet but the restaurant manager (I think that's who he was!) noticed and insisted on getting me some more and checked personally that they were OK - great service! It was also my birthday whilst we were there and a lovely decorated cake was left in our room on the day which was a very nice touch and most welcome.
The only slight downside for us was the room - there was nothing actually wrong with it - it was spacious, clean, had a sea view and the bathroom was stocked with lovely Korres toiletries - it just wasn't what I expected of a 5 star hotel. We were actually given a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite but even then it was just lacking something for me. However, as I said, there is nothing actually wrong with the rooms - maybe I am being too fussy!
Having said all that, I would definitely recommend - maybe for couples or solo travellers mostly as it is quiet and quite refined!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spacious Balcony or Terrace in each Room or Suite provides a private and secluded open air lounge to sit and relax with great sea views.- From the secluded privacy of your room balcony / terrace only 2 minutes walk through flower scented gardens to reach the private sandy beach and sunbathing terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Escapio, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel And Villas
- Saint Nicolas Bay Hotel
- St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas Crete/Agios Nikolaos