We went on a couples holiday to Daios Cove in early May. We booked in February and got an excellent deal for 7 days half-board including flights.
We were slightly nervous that the weather might not be as hot as we would like, but in fact it was excellent (high 20's) for 5 of the 7 days we were there, so if you are looking to get a good deal by travelling early in the season we would recommend it.
Daios Cove is in a spectacular setting, and reminded us slightly of the kind of lair James Bond's evil nemesis would normally vacate. There is no need to leave the compound - everything you could wish for is here including private beach, massive infinity pool, tennis courts, spa, and three restaurants. We took advantage of all these and did not find ourselves bored during the stay despite not venturing out to explore the area.
The room was perfect - exceptionally clean, plasma TV, massive bed, fancy shower and bathroom. Could not fault it and certainly one of the most impressive hotel rooms I have stayed in.
The food is typical of a half-board holiday - a buffet style affair where everyone has to fend for themselves. I would say it is above average from other inclusive holidays I have been on. Breakfast was a little disappointing as there was not much in the way of continental style food, and the bacon/sausages were perhaps cooked in a little too much oil for our liking. Dinner was certainly better, and there was a large choice of food from pasta, local dishes, pork, fish, salads and more. It was also rotated so we never really had the same food each night.
There are two other restaurants which we also dined in but had to pay a supplement (not particularly large though). We found the Greek Taverna to be better than the Italian Ocean Restaurant, and offer better value. The Ocean Restaurant perhaps tries to hard to be haute cusine, and there were some 'interesting' starters/desserts. The mains we had (steak/chicken dishes) were however excellent.
Service around the hotel was fantastic, and we were even upgraded to a complimentary swimming pool room which was a nice surprise. The spa was also fantastic, but be warned....some Europeans at the hotel like to go 'commando'! Obviously not a problem for me but my girlfriend was a little more conservative... :)
Overall, a fantastic stay and I would highly recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort And Villas
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas Hotel
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas Hotel Vathi
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas Crete/Agios Nikolaos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the town of Agios Nikolaos — yet on the secluded beach of Vathi this luxury resort in Crete enjoys an exclusive elegant and serene location. In a private cove amidst blue skies, a crescent of sand and the calm of the Mediterranean, Daios Cove is regarded as the ultimate 5 star beach resort in Crete Island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Agoda, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.