A beautiful alternative to Samaria gorge - I'd recommend Imbros over Samaria for almost everyone because:
- It's a shorter & easier walk - approx 8km, you do still need good shoes
- it's (in my mind) as beautiful - in places you can touch the cliff walls on either side of you
- Fewer tourists = less feeling of being in a 'crocodile' or queue
- easy access: drive to Vrisses & up into the White Mountains, past the Krappi basin up to Imbros, where you can leave hire cars & fortify yourself with a Sfakian pie before walking.
- At the bottom, have lunch in one of several tavernas then get a taxi either down to Sfakia which is a lovely little resort (from where there are buses back up to your car) or back up the hill.
-Don't forget hats if it's hot & water.
If you own or manage Imbros Gorge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.