“We liked this restaurant. I'd give it 4 on the Delphi/Greece scale” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taverna Vakhos

Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Delphi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Harbor, Florida
“We liked this restaurant. I'd give it 4 on the Delphi/Greece scale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Both the red and white table wines were nice ---- in relation to other table wines we have had in the country. Better than most actually. Our salad was good, my carbonara was simple but perfectly O.K., and my wife had the rooster in wine sauce ---- far exceeded our expectations actually. Face it, the food in this town is not gourmet. This meal was perfectly fine with a nice view and good service. It is all we hoped for tonight.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
South San Francisco, California
“get the rabbit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

It's been a few days since we ate here, and I don't even remember what else we ordered. But the rabbit was memorably fantastic. And so was the view.

Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Excellent Service Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We enjoyed a fine meal here in Greece. Rooster was tender and yummy. Veggies were typical Greek affair, and the desert was vrey good backlava like treat, cigar shapped. Oh the view, PERFECT!. Loved the sunset! great view of Delphi, the mountians, and the sea a three fer.

Mons, Hainaut, Belgium
“Wonderful Atmosphere - great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We got there a bit early and got a seat on the edge of the deck, overlooking the sunset in Delphi. It was a busy night, but there was no hurry to get us out of there. Usually I find myself impatient in European restaurants but the ambience, food and drink were so great that I just went with the flow and stayed there for hours. We had the formaela and I believe the lamb with lemon that someone else on here recommended and it was great. They gave us a free aperitif at the end of the meal. Try the local white wine as well - it's pretty good and the right price!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coimbra, Portugal
“Special food in a special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Hi visited Taverna Vakhos in search for good traditional Greek food, and I found it there! The service was good, very pleasant, and the quality of the food was what most impressed me, they do the food has it was homemade, with all the small details in the condiments! I was looking for ntolmadakia all over Greece, and I found it there, and they were exquisite! They even send me the recipe by email so that I could do it at home!!!
I totally advice at least a meal, and go crazy and ask for the Greek specialties!!!!!

• Visited April 2013