“Plush Hotel on the Beautiful Side of Piraeus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phidias Hotel

You added Phidias Hotel to your Saves list
Phidias Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   189 Kountouriotou St | Pasalimani, Piraeus 185 35, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Piraeus
Manila
“Plush Hotel on the Beautiful Side of Piraeus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I love this hotel. Even though I booked for originally 6 days, because of the Ferry strikes, I had to request for a modification even AFTER the deadline. The hotel allowed my request FREE of CHARGE! They also picked me up at a bus stop near the hotel when I took the X96 airport bus to Piraeus, again FREE of CHARGE! Breakfast is a hearty American breakfast, coffee, orange juice, toast, butter and jam, ham, some cheeses, sliced tomato, Greek olives and your choice of egg (omelet or sunny side up). It's about 20m from Marina Zea and 250m from the bus stop. Take bus 909 to get to Piraeus Metro, and going back, at the port side, take bus 909 again and alight at Trepsitheria Square. The amenities of the hotel are SO MODERN and UPDATED, the toilet, the lights, the room is so spacious, and the maintenance staff are so alert. My room is so clean everyday. The reception staff are very helpful, polite, accommodating and really knowledgeable. There are free computers at the lobby for the guest's use and also free laser printing! I can go on and on, but you must experience it to understand. I would have booked my last 6 days in this hotel except it's fully booked! Hahaha.

Room Tip: I got room 112. I have my own private balcony :) and easy access to the computers downstairs.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Excellent service, very clean with air of freshness. The decoration and colors are unique and modern. Smily faces and caring off personnel gives a pleasant stay. Best thing to try in the morning is at that time cooked omelett just for you!!. Pleasantly I would stay here again and I certainly will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Aegina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We chose the Phidias hoping it would have less traffic noise than some other hotels near the port. We were very satisfied and it was nice and quiet. The room was clean and freshly decorated with a pleasant bathroom. The transfer to the port the next morning was quick and efficient. The only negatives were that there was no tea and coffee making facilities in the room as advertised, and there were several flashing ceiling lights in the reception/breakfast area which I didn't like but apart from that everything was fine. One of the beds in our triple room didn't have sheets but the receptionist quickly arranged for the bed to be made and also provided us with hot chocolate to drink on request.

The hotel was good value and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 via mobile

We will definitely book the Phidias again as we were very impressed with everything

• Stayed February 2012
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Phidias Hotel excellent, super clean and staff very nice and helpful, very close to port, highly recommend, thank you, wish I could stay longer to explore.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sopot, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed in Phidias Hotel with my husband from 04th to 11th January 2012.
I must admit that before that we were regular guests in another hotel in Piraeus but we decided to take risk and try staying in Phidias. From the reservation procedure until the moment we left the hotel we never regretted our decision! The hotel is modern & clean. The bathroom we had was very comfortable and the room clean & newly refurbished. The hotel is very clean and service is excellent from the reservation point until check out! And I must say that we really enjoyed our stay in Phidias & definitely will come back!
Being a hotel manager myself I can only say: Congratulations on your job! Well done!!!
Alina

Room Tip: We decided to take a triple room for 2 persons to have more space. It was a corner room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kos Town, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

An excellent hotel, in a very convenient location in Pasalimani, with tasty, most clean, renovated rooms, an excellent reception service during the whole day, and very nice breakfast (and in the reasonable price of 5 euro). I loved the service, location, and the free wi-fi in the rooms. Most definitely the hotel was rates above the 4star hotel (God save me) that I booked in Brussels and all that because people make the difference.

Room Tip: The hotel also provides a free transfer to the train station and port.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Phidias Hotel? Share your experiences!