“Decent hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Piraeus
Marton, New Zealand
“Decent hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here overnight before ferry to Santorini in the morning. Easy to find due to it being signposted. A driver from the hotel spotted us walking with our bags and even picked us up from the side of the road which was very kind. Hotel has your basic necessities. Have seen other reviews saying room was small but I was thankfully put in a large room. Breakfast in the morning was really good value and you get the free ride with it so its a win win. Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It is clear that some reviewers are confused in respect of purpose of this hotel. This is not a hotel to spend a holiday in it but designed as and intermediate step on journey from mainland to Greek islands and the hotel perfectly fulfill this role.
It is absolutely adequate and absolutely reasonable.
It is clean, reasonably comfortable (beds could have been a bit wider and a bit longer but nevertheless they are comfortable), breakfast is perfectly adequate and it is very convenient to catch ferry for further journey. I also was surprised by canned fruit for breakfast (in particular as it is peak of fruit season) but when you put this in context of Greek crises, then nothing surprises me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Anita hotel locates in a decent, walking distance around the port and street market in Piraeus making it a great overlay for Santorini. A great way to get to it is to take an Express 96 from the airport and then off at the last stop and walk to it. It is 5 blocks away. I find the hotel is a very tiny with tiny beds that I thought I walked into the house of the Three Bears!! All in all it is a great hotel for a short overlay but I wouldn't recommend staying here long. It is not that cheap for what it offers to consider value for money so I would recommend to check other hotels in the area.

• Stayed October 2013

Travelers are raving about these Piraeus hotels

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night on our way to Santorini. We had an early ferry and I didn't want to try to get here from Athens in the morning. I was a bit nervous about this hotel, because it was so cheap and some of the poor and terrible reviews made me nervous. Well, I must say the Anita Argo blew me away.

Don't get me wrong, it is basic, but that's their goal. They provide clean simple accomadations at a reasonable price. I was actually very surprised by the decor, which almost made it look like a fancier hotel that it was supposed to be. The room was very small, and very basic, but it was clean. The shower was small, but clean. We explored Piraeus. There is NOTHING going on in that city, so why do you need a special room? Go there for your night, have your quick sleep, and get on your boat.

Also..the breakfast...
I can't believe some of the negative reviews about the breakfast. For a hotel breakfast, it doesn't get much better. The breakfast includes the shuttle to the port, and it was a pretty decent breakfast. Sure it's canned fruit, but I've gotten that everywhere in Greece. It may be that they don't have a ton of fresh fruit growing on their island. Other than the canned fruit, I saw no issue with the breakfast. They had egg patties, some cereal and some other pastries. The coffee was actually quite good. In America, the hotel breakfasts you get are usually pretty basic, maybe a little better than this one. There was no back or sausage for example, but the yogurt was very good yogurt.

All in all, this was perfect for our quick little stayover.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dublin, ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night only on my last trip to Santorini and couldnt fault it. Yes it is basic and from some of the pictures posted I can see that some rooms are small. Perhaps I got lucky but I had a large well proportioned room. Ok so the view from the window wasnt anything to write home about but I arrived at the hotel late at night from the airport knowing I was leaving at 6.30am the following morning so I wasnt there for the scenery.

The hotel was extremely good value - €30 for the room - the front desk staff were very helpful and friendly and pointed me towards a bakery when I arrived as it was late and I was hungry. I must admit I was a little apprehensive walking the side streets up to main street alone as they are dimly lit and I did see one or two roaming dogs but once I hit the main street it was busy enough and I felt safe enough, no issues.

My room as already stated was large, well cleaned, tv, air con, comfy bed and reasonable sized bathroom. Perhaps it wouldnt be ideal if you were to stay more than 1 or two nights but for an overnighter on the way to catch the ferry its perfect and certainly cheaper than staying in Athens and getting a cab to the port early next morning.

this hotel is minutes away from the port and if you splash out €6 for breakfast (cereals, fruits, yoghurt, omlettes etc) then the hotel will give you a lift to the port for no charge.

I would have no hesitation staying here again. Staff were lovely and I felt safe and comfortable at all times.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a 7:30 ferry, for which we needed to pick up tickets, and the Anita was a perfect place to stay the previous night. We received a warm welcome and good advice on restaurants. In the morning, they took care to ensure we were up in time and had breakfast, before driving us to the right place, with all the right guidance - all done courteously and thoughtfully. WeI would definitely recommend it to anyone catching the ferry.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel, while not the most luxurious does not fail in terms of hospitality. The staff were incredibly friendly, and were always available to help when I needed it. You have to remember that you are getting what you pay for, and that is exactly what you get. Comfy bedrooms with functioning bathrooms, as well as air conditioning. The location too is perfect for getting to the port, and they offer shuttle services to the ferry docks so you do not have to worry about missing the boat to the islands. Overall, a comfortable, friendly place to stay. The only difficulty I had was finding it, but that was too minor to consider a huge negative. Job well done Anita Argo, one satisfied customer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Argo Anita? Share your experiences!