“A lovely experience at Highspeed 5 from Santorini to Mykonos” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 14 Activities in Piraeus
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
272 attraction reviews
“A lovely experience at Highspeed 5 from Santorini to Mykonos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

I've been a guest at Hellenic Seaways during many trips to Greece over the years. Last June, I boarded "Highspeed 5" from Santorini to Mykonos. A lovely and smooth trip. The ferry departed Santorini's port on time and arrived in Mykonos after only 2h50m. I bought tickets for the so called "Vip Area", seating right in front one of the gigantic glass windows, facing the Aegean Sea and its deep blue waters! "Vip Area" tickets from Santorini to Mykonos cost E$ 65 per person, what I found very reasonable, considering the comfort and superb view. Toilet and eating facilities were quite adequate. Luggage deposits - placed near the car parking area in the grounf floor - may "frighten" some travelers but, in many trips, I have never had any problem. At the same time, if you are traveling with heavy suitcases, it is almost impossible to bring them to the upper passenger areas. Relax, you are in Greece and Greek Gods are looking over your trip and safety! Enjoy!

Visited June 2014

• Greek first
New Orleans, Louisiana
28 attraction reviews
“Mykonos to Santorini on Highspeed 5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

Pay for at least business class if not VIP seating. IT WAS SO WORTH IT. This was the most efficient public transportation experience I have ever had. The boat pulled up and unloaded and reloaded in less than 7 minutes. I timed it. I'm not sure they ever actually came to a complete stop so don't dawdle! You will board with 1000 or so other travelers, many in large groups, and the boat is already moving before you get to your seat which makes it challenging. The tour groups are sitting in the standard seating area where it looks a lot like airplane seating. Limited bathrooms. We were so unsure of the seasick factor because we had heard conflicting stories so I decided to splurge for the upgraded seating mainly guessing I would have less people competing for the bathroom if things went south. We made our way past the 1000 tour group crowd, up two flights of stairs passing business class on the way which was a huge step up and landed on the top deck in super comfy seats with tables and windows and food service and PEACE>had a nice nap on the trip. I would never not do VIP on a boat like this again. It was like $15 us more than the basic ticket. No brainer. Southbound routes are calm, northbound routes fight the wind and are more bumpy. I had no issues at all on this route. We opted to keep our luggage with us so we did have to haul it up and down but I just couldn't leave it in the hull with the 1000 other bags....

Ames, Iowa
“Rude and smoky”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

Riding on a flying cat 4 from Santorini to Crete, the ferry was sitting at port early, but not letting anyone on while the crew sat on and in the ferry smoking cigarettes, with clearly marked no smoking signs all over. As we get on, the crew tries to hurry everyone along by yelling and expecting you to understand everything they are saying, with a very unorganized luggage storage system. We were two of the first people on board, on the upper level, the business section, and as soon as we got there, it reeked of cigarette smoke. Clearly, crew had been smoking inside, even, as I said, with no smoking signs posted. Part way through the ride, the air again was filled with the horrid stench of cigarettes. I asked a staff member to please find who was smoking and ask them to stop. Without looking around, he simply tells me that no one is smoking. I reply that someone is definitely smoking, I can smell it and it is very strong. He then starts walking along, pretending to search for someone, but never comes back to me. I wouldn't have been surprised if it again was one of the crew. I know not everyone cares about this as much as I do, but my lungs are unable to tolerate cigarette smoke, and when there are signs that say it is not allowed, I expect EVERYONE to follow that, especially the crew.

Australia
23 attraction reviews
“Hydrofoils or fast catamarans to the Greek Islands”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Our first port of call after Athens is always Hydra - love the place - no vehicles, just donkeys or water taxis, or walking to get around.
Used Hellenic Seaways online in Australia to pay for tickets and print voucher with barcode. So simple to arrive at Piraeus Hellenic Seaways office and hand voucher over, scan it, and receive tickets. We have been to Hydra eight times and have always used Hellenic Seaways - the main thing one has to watch out for is their turnaround time - people off, people on and sail away. Very quick and mostly on time. We have found them reliable on all of our trips.

Visited September 2014
Athens, Greece
6 attraction reviews
“Not great at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

We went from Heraklion to Santorini with the high speed ferry Flying Cat. Departure was on time. Due to the rough sea the journey was quite bumpy. The service on board as well as the cleanliness of the ship has to be improved. Suitcases are stored in a compartment which is far too small for the amount of passengers. The lavatories were dirty and have to be renovated. Arrival in Santorini was on time but there was no help at all from the crew to unload the luggage which ended up in a very chaotic situation. As we informed the staff, the did not seem to be interested at all. For €56 per ticket (one way) you might expect something more.