“Just perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I think is one of the 3 best restaurants in Athens..everything was just perfect...i tasted the best sea food soup with scallops in my life..inspired from a traditional greek soup called "Mageiritsa"..Also the wild mushrooms the pork belly and the desert from pears is something that u must try.. the place was very nice and the service too..i think that must be the new Michelin Star restaurant in Athens from my experience..Keep up the good work guys and thank u very much!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
“Good enough...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

It was the first time we visited Aleria. The decoration was good enough , even though there were so many elements in decoration that . Another problem was that everybody was smoking there - it was very annoying for that level of a restaurant (this can be a major reason not to visit that place again). Now about the food : we chose from menu a dish with eel which was ok but salty - nothing special to die for ... The second plate was frumenty with wild mushrooms that was fantastic! And the third one was Milokopi fish with cauliflower taboule that was tasty but totally imbalanced in taste because it was over salted . The wine list was very limited with not so special choices . Overall it was a nice try but I would think about it seriously to return again ...

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Greece
“Gourmet cuisine with affordable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We visited Aleria last Friday. I had heard a lot but nothing prepared me for this gourmet experience. I have eaten in many Micellen stared resaturants in Europe, but I never imagined that I could have a similar if not better experience with a fraction of the cost in a reastaurant here in Athens. But let's start with the atmosphere. Beautiful rooms tastefully decorated, one feels he has dinner in a friend's house. For starters we had the salad with the dried fig and the tartar of smoked eel. They where outstanding. We continued with a slice of fish on trahanas a plate that its an absolute delicacy, and chicks of beef, the best tasting cooked beef I've tried for a long time. Finally we chose 2 sweets but we where offered a third one too. In restaurants we usually share on sweet with my wife. This time we ate all of them, with the sweet of pears and ice cream etc being one of the finest. The service was discreet, friendly, relaxed, attentive as it should always be. The waitress Felli made everything possible to make our experience unforgettable. Well done to the chef and the team behind this rastaurant.
Finally I must mention that this culinary experience cost us 110 euros, including a botle of red wine, reasonably priced as well.

Athens, Greece
“The next michelin star in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have been there more than 5 times and each dinner was better than the previous one! What more can you ask.....
Young Nikiforos has a flair for up and coming chefs on top of his own marketing skills and has managed to offer affordable menus that are worth talking about.
This time please try the eel the niocchi and the giouvetsi. You will not regret it. And the festive mood and happy faces will make your night!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul, Turkey
“I wish everyone would eat at Aleria ;)))”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

i want to thank all the staff of the restaurant for the wonderful, romantic xmas evening and the holiday atmosphere they created ;) its definitely the place where i would like to return!

• Visited December 2012