“Surprise for couples” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Athens, Greece
“Surprise for couples”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been a few times in this restaurant on business dinners, but this time not.

It was a private special occasion and we have been treated very specially indeed.
We were offered a quite interesenting menu, on par with the occasion, full of great surprises and matching tastes. All the pensonel was particularly helpful and in synch with our celebration, adding a lot to our experience.

Personally, this time I enjoyed the food better than the deserts.

Varoulko is certainly recommended, costly yes but I would expect that somebody would leave discontent.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Hartford, Connecticut
“Could not have been better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Based on other reviews on Trip Advisor, we booked a table for a our first night in Athens. What a magnificent way to begin a Greek vacation! A candlelit table on the rooftop with a view of the Acropolis...what could be better? Answer- the food. We had no printed menu, but a discussion with the waiter about our five course tasting. Note ths is a seafood only restaurant. Our meal was beautifully presented and delicious. We have dined in many fine establishments and this ranks up there as one of the best meals we have had. Don't miss this one!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montclair, New Jersey
“TOP NOTCH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I found this restaurant by doing some research on line and it was recommended by several sites. Upon arriving I was a bit skeptical as the neighborhood seemed questionable. When we walked in and took the elevator to the rooftop restaurant it was incredible. The staff is very friendly and the manager came over and explained what the chef had in mind for us tonight- it was his tasting menu. They began to bring the food and each dish was better than the next. The food was amazing! The view is also wonderful as you see the Acropolis in the distance beautifully lit up. We have been to many good restaurants and this one definitely ranks among our favorites.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Wonderful dining experience--food, service, view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband loves seafood and I'm vegetarian and we had a fantastic experience here. The service was superb--my experience with the manager (I assume that was who he was) and the waitstaff could not have been more different from the negative reviews about the staff being unhelpful or whatever. I had emailed ahead of time to give the chef enough time to come up with a vegetarian menu for me, so perhaps that helped, but everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating. My husband's seafood and my veg food were outstanding, and we also had some great wine to accompany. The view of the Acropolis is amazing, of course. And for a restaurant of this caliber I thought it was actually very reasonably priced.

Visited August 2013
“worth visiting restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

when in athens you must visit this restaurant. the chef knows how to treat fresh fish. very good variety of wines too. and of course go for the desserts..!!! extra tip. try the chef's recommendation for the day!!

• Visited September 2013