“For satisfying the craving for Asian food only” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dosirak

Dosirak
31 Voulis, Athens, Greece (Plaka)
210 323 3330
Good for: Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Plaka
Hong Kong, China
“For satisfying the craving for Asian food only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant when we asked for Asian food in the city. We also found it on the local city guide book. So with high expectation, we came to this place for lunch. During our lunch we had seen many Asian, probably Korean, having lunch there. However the food was a little disappointment to us. I just had to tell myself that's due to the limitation of appropriated Asian food's ingredients in Greece.

Visited August 2013

• Greek first
Agrinio, Greece
“One of my favourites from now on...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I don't know what everybody else says but I really really enjoyed my Japchae.
Overall a pretty cute atmoshere with a really friendly staff (they kept asking us if we need anything and they were really helpful).
As for the prices...Let's face it! It's Athens. Everything is more expensive than other europeans cities due mainly due to taxies and shipping. The prices are reasonable for this type of a restaurant.
I highly recommend it.

PS. I only hold grudges to the waiter that told me that kimchi was not THAT spicy! well, it was a bit SPICY!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Greece
“Best of Japanese & Korean Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Gotta love how you can have a choice between Japanese and Korean cuisine in the same restaurant! Situated in the centre of Athens, near the Greek Parliament, Dosirak offers just that. Their sushi is at affordable prices and their spicy Korean bbq is amazing! Why not pick and mix from both cuisines? Excellent service in a non-smocking environment!

Visited May 2013
Athens, Greece
“Very nice asiatic restaurant, not expensive at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

It is very interesting reading comments about a restaurant. I am reading that it is an expensive restaurant. Almost every main dish costs about 12 euros. The portions are large and two persons spend about 25 euros without alcohol. This is very economic. The menu is quite big with many choices. I went to Dosirak 3 times and i every time i left very content. The service was very quiet and helpful. I could give my 5 stars critic, as an excellent option, if the food had a special character. It was very nice but i could not find the extraordinary character of the Asiatic food feature. It might not be the best but it is a very economic choice with decent cuisine.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ankara, Turkey
“Not impressed, despite friendly service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had late lunch, consisting of soup and stir-fried noodles. Both were rather bland and unimaginative. Had to ask for hot chili sauce, to spice up the noodles. The food was prepared very quickly, but both dishes came at the same time, instead of bringing first the soup and then the main. Service was a bit sloppy, but at least it was friendly and polite. Like another reviewer, I was shocked they charge 5 Euros for a serving of kimchi, and I refused to order any. Also, I found the various dosirak / bento boxes to be rather expensive at 20 Euros apiece.

• Visited May 2013