The hotel has many pluses, but a few minuses.
We stayed as a couple, in one of the standard rooms, which was right at the landing of the stairs.
1. Very helpful staff. That is the first thing that strikes you when you enter the hotel.
2. Location, close to the Metro station, some restaurants, walking distance to acropolis, but you can take the metro too. And there were 2 ATMs (Citi and one other) close by. And a gas station too.
3. Good breakfast(decent selections for vegetarians-dairy-ovo too, may not be so vegan friendly though. Plenty of spinach pies, cheese pies, fruits, yummy yogurt, cake, toast,corn flakes and cocopuffs like creal)
1. Our room lacked privacy, we could hear people walking and talking at the stair case. IThankfully we traveled at the low season time, so it did not really disturb our sleep.
2. Small bathroom. Its clean , but small.
When we booked the hotel, we were a little concerned about one of the reviewers mentioning the safety of the area and that it had "sex toy shops" close by . Yes, the location did have a couple of "sex shop"s right beside it (like literally 2 stores away) , but to be honest, it was not sleazy or weird, (think victoria secrets glass display, but not that sophisticated) and we were not bothered or solicited to , so these are easy to ignore.
Overall it was a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This very special hotel is housed in a classical building that recently has undergone a complete renovation (2007),just a few steps from the Acropolis and Plaka, adjacent to the new Acropolis museum, it is situated at the very heart of Athens historic center. The Acropolis Museum Hotel is at the foot of the Acropolis hill, just a few steps away from the Parthenon, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian Arch and other monuments of Greek Civilization. Yet within a ten minute walk you can reach the Constitution Square (Syntagma), the Greek Parliament, Athens Stock market and Athens exclusive shopping areas of Ermou and Kolonaki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acropolis Museum Boutique Athens
- Hotel Acropolis Museum Boutique