To be honest, as the taxi drove up the road the hotel was on I thought " oh no". The hotel is on a busy street near sex shops!!! But don't let that turn you off! Once inside the front door it's like an oasis....albeit a very red and deep colored one!
Plaka and all the main attractions are within easily walking distance. A five minute walk away are loads of cafes and bars.
We travelled with two teenagers and we had a large room with an upstairs bedroom for them. A good sized bathroom too!
The staff were very helpful. The room was very quiet considering the busy road outside....the beds were comfy and the aircon worked well. We all slept very well!
Breakfast a bit hit and miss...but as for value for money, the hotel was very inexpensive so can't complain too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This very special hotel is housed in a classical building that recently has undergone a complete renovation (2007),just a few steps from the Acropolis and Plaka, adjacent to the new Acropolis museum, it is situated at the very heart of Athens historic center. The Acropolis Museum Hotel is at the foot of the Acropolis hill, just a few steps away from the Parthenon, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian Arch and other monuments of Greek Civilization. Yet within a ten minute walk you can reach the Constitution Square (Syntagma), the Greek Parliament, Athens Stock market and Athens exclusive shopping areas of Ermou and Kolonaki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acropolis Museum Boutique Athens
- Hotel Acropolis Museum Boutique