I was in Athens few days ago so news are fresh.
About hotel - located in Singrou Street, not so far away from Acropolis.
Fastest way to get the hotel from ATH Airport is metro. You must go to Egaleo Line (only this line is on airport) and go to Syntagma Station. There you should change metro for Red Line and go 2 stations to Syngru Fix. Hotel is located about 200 m. from this stations. One way ticket cost 8EUR but for 2 persons are cheapest and cost 14EUR.
Hotel are small, there is only 20-30 rooms. I will start from the staff - they was very friendly. In my opinion Greeks are most freindly people that I ever meet.
Room was small but nice. I have got nr. 202 so it is room from inside site. From windows you can see some green plants and another buildings. From street site it can be little noisy I can guess. In the hotel it is elevator.
Bed was comfortable, possible also to get some baby cot if you travel with child.
Bathroom was also ok. It was not any bath tube, only shower.
As on the small hotel breakfast was very rich - few kinds of meat, some greeks specials, cheese, eggs and fresh orange juice.
Price for the hotel: 52EUR per night for double room. Fair deal !
In the end - what I didn't like:
* To small garbage box in the room,
* Not any market close in the area,
* Only Greeks TV channels ... but who came to Athens to watch TV :)
I recomend this hotel - good place for holiday in Athens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This very special hotel is housed in a classical building that recently has undergone a complete renovation (2007),just a few steps from the Acropolis and Plaka, adjacent to the new Acropolis museum, it is situated at the very heart of Athens historic center. The Acropolis Museum Hotel is at the foot of the Acropolis hill, just a few steps away from the Parthenon, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian Arch and other monuments of Greek Civilization. Yet within a ten minute walk you can reach the Constitution Square (Syntagma), the Greek Parliament, Athens Stock market and Athens exclusive shopping areas of Ermou and Kolonaki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acropolis Museum Boutique Athens
- Hotel Acropolis Museum Boutique