this hotel is NOTHING like the pictures, it is dark ..dirty and dismal! It is on a VERY busy road and at a junction so the traffic noise all night is unbearable, the rooms are tiny, dont be fooled by the pictures online! The bathroom was small and very poor quality finish. We couldnt get a reception on the tv for the greek channels and there was no sat tv. The breakfast......oh dear, it is served in the dirty basement bar which only had about 3 tables so even if we had wanted to sit and eat we couldn't, the breakfast consisted of some cold fried eggs sitting in cold oil, some dried up cheese and some cold greasy fried potatoes, served from dirty containers on tables covered with grimy cloths...we went straight from the breakfast room, packed and left!!!!! The area the hotel is in seems to be abandoned at night apart from the 2 sex shops either side of the hotel there was nothing open so nowhere to have an evening meal, apart from walking back to the area around the acropolis where you could eat and get a drink if you were prepared to pay the prices...€6 for a bottle of Fix beer!!!!!! I WOULD NOT STAY THERE AGAIN!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This very special hotel is housed in a classical building that recently has undergone a complete renovation (2007),just a few steps from the Acropolis and Plaka, adjacent to the new Acropolis museum, it is situated at the very heart of Athens historic center. The Acropolis Museum Hotel is at the foot of the Acropolis hill, just a few steps away from the Parthenon, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian Arch and other monuments of Greek Civilization. Yet within a ten minute walk you can reach the Constitution Square (Syntagma), the Greek Parliament, Athens Stock market and Athens exclusive shopping areas of Ermou and Kolonaki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Priceline, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acropolis Museum Boutique Athens
- Hotel Acropolis Museum Boutique