“Cheap, but stinky” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #217 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Herford, Germany
“Cheap, but stinky”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

I don´t expect very much when I book a cheap hotel. But I´ve never seen a shower curtain that filthy and the room smelled really bad. The noise of the lift made it really hard to sleep. Some of the staff was nice, some were´t very helpful. I left clothes behind in the room and always got told to come back the next day. Until I asked the cleaning lady, she would have had my stuff in the store room the whole time.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

The place looks dodgy from outside just like the hotel's street. Stayed here 1 night only as we were catching a train to Thessaloniki the next day. Trains & metro stations are 7 mins away by foot. Rooms were so-so, though could have been better for that price. Clean but small. Wifi was slow in the room. Breakfast was bread, cheese, coffee. Really basic stuffs.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Athens hotels

Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

This place was is very poor conditions, it smelled really bad and looked even worse. The staff was really friendly but everything else was a mess. The shower didnt work correctly and the sheets were not very clean, you could hear everything going on in the streets. I count wait to leave. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

When we arrived at Hotel Delta, we thought it was okay for the price we paid.
After some time we realised that one of the very old waterpipes in the bathroom was leaking and constantly wetting the floor. We were still okay with that, since it was only for a few nights.
After the first night I noticed a few insect bites on my leg, but I didn't worry about it since I thought they were mosquito bites. But after the second night my legs were completely sprinkled with insect bites! And it was not only me, my partner had quite a few of them, too.
When we later confronted the receptionist, he said he couldn't give us a different room. He was very unfriendly. When we asked for a discount, he completely denied the possibility of bed bugs and insisted that it had to be some sort of allergy. Which is highly improbable, given the fact that we both had insect bites. Also, they were bigger than mosquito bites and I think it's impossible that we had such a large amount of mosquitos in our room at night without seeing or hearing them.
I'm sure there are much better hotels and hostels in Athens for a similar price.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I liked this place a lot: good value for money, big clean AC room, free WiFi that works, friendly staff, not noisy (inside and out. It's very central. Walking distance to Ghazi area if you want to party all night. Four quick Metro stops to the Acropolis. Easy Metro access for the airport. This is very much the real Athens and there is evidence of the economic crisis still hitting Greece. This hotel is not pretentious but it is safe and comfortable and great valie for money. Breakfast is not very varied but I didn't find that a drawback.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, as are the customers
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Bad Gastein, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My friend stayed here for a month. She booked for one more night for when we return from the islands and checked a couple of times if everything was allright. She also left a bag there and forgot some keys. When we arrived at 2am, the receptionist was very unpleasent and told us that they didn't write the reservation in paper and he wouldn't give us a room or look for my friend's key. We had to leave the hotel (and it's a dangerous neighborhood) in the dead of night with nowhere to stay and come back in the morning before our flight for the other receptionist to open a drawer in the reception desk and pull out my friends house key.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We spent 3 nights in this hotel.
The location is good, 2 minutes walking from the metro stations and 4 stops from tge Acropoli. The area seems to be a bit dangerous, but there is no problem with it.
The breakfast is simple, but always have to inform the receptionsts to fill the ham or cheese.
Good AC in all rooms.
Beds are a bit hard, but if you are tired good for sleep.
Free wifi sometimes work or not.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Delta? Share your experiences!