“Rudest staff I've ever come across with! ” 1 of 5 stars

You added Claridge Hotel to your Saves list
Claridge Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Dorou, Athens 104 31, Greece (Omonia)   |
Ranked #266 of 325 Hotels in Athens
“Rudest staff I've ever come across with! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Avoid this hotel, the price might be appealing but, I am 100% sure you will regret booking this hotel as soon as you enter the reception or what's more, attempt to only just confirm your reservation by phone and you will realise what sort of people run this hotel.

This is what happened to us, I was looking on a website called VENERE.COM. We called the hotel to confirm that they had rooms available as it was showing that they had plenty however we wanted to be sure before booking. When we called the hotel, the rudest person I've come across with answered the phone and say that they didn't have rooms available although online was showing they had, the receptionist didn't give us time to speak, he hanged up the phone on us.

Although we had this horrible experience over the phone we decided to take the risk and go ahead with the booking as the hotel's location was rather convenient for us. After booking we phoned the hotel again and the same person answered it, we kindly asked them if we could provide our reservation number so that we could confirm the booking. He didn't let us speak once again thus he didn't take the reservation number and consequently we had to call the website so that they could confirm the booking. I spent 7£ on the phone call for the website to resolve the issue. After awaiting on the line for 8 minutes the agent could confirm the booking.

When we arrived at the hotel , there were two elderly men at the reception who didn't even bother to acknowledge us. We approached the reception desk and had to say excuse me a couple of times till the receptionist replied. It was very intimidating, my friends wanted to leave at that moment.

We booked B&B and they said there wasn't breakfast included. We had to ask them to double check that for us as they said it wasn't.

We entered the room and we had to step back due to the smell (absolutely unbearable, a combination of unire and humidity). We immediately opened the window to ventilate the room. Then we questioned to ourselves whether to stay or leave. Unfortunately, we had no choice due to financial reasons, we stayed.

In the bathroom they had tiles missing, not even shower curtain so the floor was continuously soaked. The Internet hardly worked, kept dropping. The sheets weren't properly clean nor the blanket. The floor was full of black stains. Awful! we didn't want to touch anything as everything seemed dirty and sticky.

I will never come back and it was a disgusting experience.

I didn't have the breakfast as the restaurant didn't look very clean either.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is quite poor. Friendly staff though and helpful. At 40 EUR a night during our stay. One double and one single bed, no breakfast included. Free WiFi was a positive side and room was clean although only 2 towels were provided, one bath and one face towel for the three of us. Only soap and no shampoo provided. Very small shower/toilet. No shower curtain so toilet gets flooded after you have a shower, you have to hold the shower head with one hand as there is no holder. We could smell cigarette smoke from other rooms which made me feel sick. And when people bang their doors, it was very noisy. Although we could not hear them talking next door. There was a small fridge in the room, old radiator for heating, sliding door/ window if you need fresh air. There was TV but we never touched it. I liked the pillows though, they were not flat. Conveniently located near the Omonia Train Station. It's a shame, if only they spent a little more in making the showers a bit better. Their lifts/elevator can only carry 2 persons at a time. There are two in operation.

Stayed April 2015
Larnaca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we arrived at the hotel, we were negatively surprised at the overall appearance of the building, although the person at the reception was very friendly. First, the images provided did not respond to the reality. It must be noted that we were "welcomed" in a small, depressive room for three persons. Second, the beds were very uncomfortable and the double bed was not suitable for two persons. The bathroom was generally clean, but there was water on the floor that was not drying. Third, moving was hard due to narrow space. Moreover, the view was terrible, looking at a building that was under construction, and there was not a balcony! Additionally, the television was very high on the wall and the refrigerator was very old. The corridors were noisy early in the morning and the overall atmosphere was depressive. In our opinion, it is not the best hotel for relaxation by no means!!! Finally, there was not good internet coverage everywhere, but only in the room, which is the only good thing there.

IMPORTANT! We booked the room for a week, but we left the next day after we arrived, as the arrival time was late at night and it was not appropriate to leave earlier. So we were forced to spend a night at this miserable place! When we informed the owners that we decided to leave, they were very upset and unfriendly.

WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

This place was terrible. The rooms were small, dirty and the double bed was barely bigger than a single. It does not look anywhere near as good as the pictures!!! On top of that the owners were very rude and didn't seem to have a clue about anything! They shouted at us because we booked too short notice! After telling us to come back in an hour they had a room available but it was so dirty I had to wipe my feet on the way out. The only thing going for it is the good location. But I could only take 1 (sleepless) night and ended up finding somewhere else instead. I wouldn't let my dog stay here, let alone a human. Stay away at all costs, there are far better places at similar prices.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here, period.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Like many other travellers already stated, this Hotel is gross and should be closed down! It looks nothing like in the pictures in the website. It lacks basic hygiene (hairs in bathroom, stains on sheets) & staff is unfriendly and unhelpful. My room had holes burnt in the sheets ans curtains - while the staff claimed it was a Non-smoking Hotel (there was an sagtest in my room). the only reason i stayed for 1 night was
that i arrived at 2 am - and i am really not a fussy traveller. Dont think of it
as a budget option - you might as well spend a Bit more and get some sleep!

• Stayed October 2014
Vilnius County, Lithuania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

I You're a fussy and posh traveller - this place is not for You. Either You're searching for a comfort - the place is not for You. But! When it comes to a Low Budget decisions, the Claridge Hotel may attract You. First of all, it has a good location nearby the historical part of city. It's a busy street, with lots of people arround, especially in evening it may look unsafe, probably it is... It's a place where emigrants live. But the time I came to a city, there was police officers walking arround square, which makes a sence. Athenian municipallity cares for tourists, the city is full of policemen, even dressed in civil clothes ;-). Be careful anywhere, don't be sleepy and oblicious. This is busy street, like i said, but if You really want to sleep - You'll really find a bed to sleep. I've had a singe room, nearby the elevator, as i remember it was on 7th.floor. The bed was clean and comfy for my young bones. I slept well. I liked that there's a terrace with one chair, it was a pity that i didn't found a table outside. For smokers it's a good place to relax, even in city center. Something was special there, i thought. Special for movie makers, theatre directors. The atmospere in hotel brings You back to 80's or 90's of Athens. A small elevator is not for a big luggage, they should have a porter to carry them trough stairs, but if You'll go alone with Your things - it will fit You. Theese old elevators are like a time machine... Some magical lift up, take the stairs down - You'll find some antique TVs or funny pictures (one of them is with a clown). That's lovely to get inspired, even for one night :-). Owners are probably greeks, who speak a little english, one person was speaking russian, what my lady friends really enjoyed. If You know some words in greek (Yassas, Kalimera, Eucharisto, etc.) it will help You to find a sincere dialogue anywhere in Greece. My friends stayed in 407 room, they were three, it was a small room, but for a night they used beds and shower, even we didn't care about a comfort, becouse we went for a lunch to city and walked arround, enjoyed it, we've got a lovely experience, that's why we slept well. We were undemanding tourists. Repectionists must be more honest in hotel, think more about guest (people they meet, even not guests of hotel) the money must be in the second, first of all attention and hospitality to a person at front desk - and that place will shine again! Hope so... Once again, this is something untouristic, but i've found it interesting. Probably, You could find some good hostel in the city, for the same price with breakfast, but... Decide by Yourself, You are the Master of Your Eternal Journey!

Room Tip: I You're a fussy and posh traveller - this place is not for You. Either You're searching for...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Claridge Hotel? Share your experiences!