“great location and staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Hotel

You added Pan Hotel to your Saves list
Pan Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Mitropoleos Street | Syntagma Square, Athens 10557, Greece (Plaka)   |
Ranked #70 of 328 Hotels in Athens
Sydney, Australia
“great location and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We thought the location was great! only a few minutes walk to the Acropolis.
A few good restaurants around.
The staff was amazing, very helpful.
We had the sriktes going at the time, so there were heaps of Police around.
The breakfast wasnt that good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ioanna P, Director of Sales at Pan Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Katie G,

Thank you for leaving your kind comments regarding our hotel!
We value the most our guests' opinions therefore we would happily receive your suggestions regarding the breakfast, in my email address pansales@panhotel.gr.
We will be happy to welcome you in our hotel again in the near future.

Panagiotopoulou Ioanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Limassol, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Pan Hotel is highly recommended. I've stayed there for 2 nights for my first time. It was the only hotel to the range of its category that provided us with gluten free bread and rice milk. Not to mention the perfect location. For sure i will stay there again. The only negative was that it was i bit more expensive than the other similar hotels, but it was the only one that provided us with the special diet breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ioanna P, Director of Sales at Pan Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear FOXYS P,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Athens. We always do our best to meet our guests' needs wherever possible therefor we provided you with the special breakfast with great pleasure. We will be more than happy to welcome you again in the near future in our property.

Panagiotopoulou Ioanna
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you're looking for somewhere to stay in the heart of the city then look no further. Pan Hotel is a smart, comfortable hotel just a minutes walk away from Sytagama Square. The staff are very friendly and speak good english. There's free wifi and reception is open 24 hour which is good if you're on a late flight like we were. Our room was a very spacious twin room, which wasn't a problem as we jsut pushed the beds together. The only faults I could find with the hotel are niggly, such as the top of our balcony table not being attached properly and that the breakfast is not very varied but these should not put you off. I would absolutely stay here again.

Also, the free aircon was fabulous and much needed!

Room Tip: If you can, choose one of the rooms on the 8th floor as it should gives you decent views of the city...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lawsbloke,

It was a real pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel during your stay in Athens and also to take the time to leave your good reviews. On behalf of the management and staff of Pan Hotel a great thank you and we will all be more than happy to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Mediterra Tours booked me this hotel so I looked at other reviews to see what I was getting into.
I was pleasantly surprised. Even though some of the other reviews were correct, such as ones that said the rooms were small, the rooms were clean and great for one person. May be a little cramped with 2 people. I LOVED the staff and the location. I arrived at the hotel and after 5 minutes to change my clothes was off to the Acropolis. It was close enough to walk to that and other sites such as the Temple of Zeus and in a nice part of town. The food near the hotel was good. I recommend a restaurant directly across the street which was open at 12:45 am so I could have dinner after arriving there on my return trip from Santorini. There are other restaurants within walking distance as well. The breakfast at the hotel was pretty good...no hardcore meat or eggs, but great croissants and good coffee and more (finally--the coffee on Santorini left a LOT to be desired. I was very happy that I brought some of my own coffee on my trip--I should have brought more.)

Room Tip: The 2 rooms I stayed in had no view, but i was just there to sleep so I didn't care. Check the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Ioanna P, Director of Sales at Pan Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear TeachDancePlay,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Athens and for taking the time to share your comments. Regarding the breakfast, the reason for which we do not provide hardcore meat or eggs is simply due to the fact that there is no kitchen in our hotel.
We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Ioanna Panagiotopoulou
Davis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed in Athens last September, and the travel agency made a reservation for this hotel.
It's a really small, quaint hotel for travelers on budget, I should say.
The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, so I was really satisfied.
However, the room (or rooms, since they changed the room during my stay) were very small and dim. Bathroom was really small, and I had no view from my window, so I felt slightly claustrophobic.
It was still nice. Just lower your expectations if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Nicosia, Cyprus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

It was a last minute reservation as I had to stay in Athens one night.
As I like to stay in Plaka, the other hotels I have stayed in the past were full and some others on Syntagma square were very expensive, I decided to stay at Pan Hotel.
The location was excellent. Again, the welcome at the reception was really very friendly.
The hotel looked ok, but as soon as I got in the room, I was really disappointed.
The room was very small the furniture old and the bathroom apart from small it really needed
to redo-it. I needed to wait 1 minute for the hot water for my shower, Anyway, I slept but around 06:30 am I woke up and I could not sleep as there was a smell of cigaret. I was wondering from were the smell was coming from and well the smell was coming from the bed cover. I immediately woke up as I felt gross, took a shower and I went to take my breakfast.
The breakfast was poor, but it is better than nothing.
Even though the staff were very nice, I did not tell them anything as it was not their fault.

Room Tip: Stay away if possible unless there are better room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ioanna P, Director of Sales at Pan Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mixalakh,

On behalf of our hotel, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. We always take into serious consideration our guests' comments and for that reason I would like to invite you to stay again in our hotel so that we can make it right to you. We have proceeded to certain renovations therefore, please revisit and try us again.
Please feel free to contact me should you wish to stay with us in the future.

Ioanna P
T: (0030) 2103237816
pansales@panhotel.gr
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked this hotel just for a night on our way back from a trip.
We had a friendly check in.
Friendly staff and very helpful.
Very good location ,close to everything .
The only thing i did nit find in the room was a safety box.
I suggest this hotel for your stay in the centre of Athens !!

Room Tip: ask a room at the back side of the hotel ,is more quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple