“Friendly,warm,helpful -holiday of true comfort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of O&B Athens Boutique Hotel

You added O&B Athens Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
O&B Athens Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Leokoriou Str. | Psiri, Athens 10554, Greece (Psirri / Gazi)   |
Ranked #4 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Friendly,warm,helpful -holiday of true comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at O&B and our stay was made extra special by the warmth and truely friendly help from hotel staff from receptionists ,to waitresses and porters.
Extra surprises with welcome platter,DVD to see when bored with TV,fullfilling array of breakfast spread etc.
Pretty central,easy access to many interesting parts of Greece.
If I visit again,I'll definitely stay at O&B!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Corfu, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This small boutique hotel offers a great quality of service. The breakfast was very tasteful and of top quality. The bathroom of the room spacious. The room in general very clean. The only negative aspect was the the too soft pillows that disturbed my sleep. My only suggestion would be a selection of pillows

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed twice at this hotel in short intervals. The highlight of this hotel is its staff! They are attentive and friendly. From the minute you arrive at the hotel you know that you have made a good choice, after having to ignore the graffiti-ridden walls on the narrow road leading to it. Check-in was swift and the receptionist patiently explained to me where I could get dinner on the first night and called the restaurant to reserve within minutes. The reception hall and the hotel in general have a calm and relaxed atmsophere, essential in a bustling city like Athens. Minutes after check-in someone knocked at my door and it was a staff member offering me traditional Greek pastries as a welcome snack!
The rooms are very good: clean, comfortable with a CD player and good lighting. The wifi works good. Because I was in Athens during a major public transportation strike I had to organize my trips around the city and the suburbs beforehand and the receptionist took the time everyday to inquire about the exact addresses of my visits and called cabs to instruct them in Greek on the place and address: He sometimes walked me outside to insist again on the address. Thanks!
The breakfast was good: fresh fuits daily, cereals, a very good variety of traditional pastries, cakes and dairy products, along with normal breakfast dishes. The orange juice is fresh and tasty! You may also order food that is not on the buffet. The waitresses were really nice! The interesting thing about the breakfast hall though is that if you get a windown seat (not difficult) you get to watch the shops across the streets open and start selling everything from antiques to old posters, home furniture and other belongings. It seemed to be an area known for this trade. And they have the Herald Tribune of the day at the entrance!
Make sure you take advantage of the discount at the restaurant for hotel clients. I had dinner there once and it was good, especially the traditional appetizers: i was confused between two I really liked, so the chef prepared half portions of each and the price of one dish! They were delicious and I prefered them to the main dish - lamb and yogurt.
I enjoyed my two stays here and I would certainly stay there again. The only negative point that may bother some travellers is that at night some of the corner roads in the area are rather dark with homeless people around, but I was never bothered. Also becarefuly when you walk out of the hotel about 5 meters to the right, there is a staircase that goes down without warning on the sidewalk (happens a lot in the city).

Room Tip: I got upgraded on my second visit (second floor from the first floor) and the room was larger. There...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We visited Athens for a short 4 day trip during the first few days of Dec '12. It was an all girls trip, with 4 of us sharing 2 rooms. Though the hotel does not have connecting rooms, they offered us (upgraded) adjacent rooms.
The service throughout the trip was impeccable - right from the moment we walked in till the day we left. They were helpful with ideas, maps, directions, tips.. Though we had some idea of all that we wanted to do and see, it truly made a difference in the way they went out of their way to help ensure we all had a good time. They never pushed any particular tours on us, as some hotels love to do.
The rooms, even if a little small, were perfectly clean, as well as the bathrooms (which is a must for me). The morning breakfast is plentiful and varied (perfect combinations available to cure a hangover).
The location was perfect for our group, as we wanted to be near Gazi (the bar/pubbing area), Pireos street (the clubs), the Monastiraki and Plaka areas (restaurants and shopping). We walked around most of the time and cabbed it during the evenings. The area is fairly safe and there are plenty of eateries around open till all odd hours of the night.
Our trip was perfect and I believe O&B was a good part of the reason behind it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. It was wonderful. The room was very clean, bed was also very comfortable. Our room had a view of the acropolis. It was wonderful. The staff was also very helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carcassonne, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed for a few days either side of the 2013 NY and we cannot state how impressed we were with both this hotel and Athens generally. I would certainly recommend visiting this city out of season.

The O&B is a well appointed little hotel and we were in a room which had a balcony looking up at the Acropolis. The area it is in might put some off, but you should not worry and you can explore with out fear and the graffiti is the youths' way to tell the politicians they have messed up the country.

All the staff were fantastic, all bar none. They were helpful, friendly and this really added to the stay. From when we arrived, they gave some useful tips and pointers and sorted trips out for us. Again, I cannot emphasize just hoe good they were.

We only took breakfast there but it was splendidly fresh offering every morning and not stale or stodgy.

Overall, we have done what is the best advert for a place and recommend to friends based on our 100% happy time there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel was truly exceptional. They upgraded us to a better room for free (and we got to compare, because they accidentally took us to the smaller room first). It was very clean and they even brought us some welcome Greek snacks. The only blemish was that the floors are a light wood that is heavily scored by what I assume are luggage tracks, but this did not significantly detract from our stay.

The service at reception was excellent the first day, and the receptionist provided us with all the information we needed to quickly orient ourselves in Athens. He was there for the first 24 hours; his replacement was not as good, but still very helpful.

The room was very comfortable and very large by European standards. The location is very good for walking to the Acropolis, and it is about a 10-15 minute walk from Syntagma Square, which is about as good as you can get in Athens. If you use the metro from the airport (which I would recommend as long as there are no strikes and you keep a close eye on your things—pickpockets are rife on the metro), you can get off at Monastiraki Square, which is a 3 minute walk from the hotel, and you don't even need to change lines. The neighborhood is a little run down, but I honestly think that has more to do with the state of Greece's economy than with the neighborhood. You will find that literally everything in Athens is now covered in a lovely, thick layer of graffiti.

Everything else was excellent. The breakfast was simply amazing and included in the price. We really enjoyed it, and they even encouraged us to get more than we asked for. The only blemish is that five minutes before the taxi they called for us was supposed to show, another taxi driver stopped on the street and went in and tried to negotiate with the front desk to carry us, and they told us to go with him! Fortunately, he turned out to be very nice and honest, which is not the case with every taxi driver in Athens, but I think we got lucky and the hotel staff should be more careful about who they hand guests over to. The whole point of arranging a taxi in advance was so the hotel could get someone that they trust to carry us very early in the morning to the airport, and it is not normal for a taxi driver to walk into the hotel to ask the front desk to take you before the scheduled time for the original taxi has arrived.

Room Tip: Even the smallest rooms are quite spacious and well-appointed; there's no need to upgrade.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to O&B Athens Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!