“Perfect location, good 3* hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arion Athens Hotel

You added Arion Athens Hotel to your Saves list
Arion Athens Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Agiou Dimitriou 18 | Plaka/ Monastiraki, Athens 10554, Greece   |
Ranked #56 of 326 Hotels in Athens
“Perfect location, good 3* hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Really nice hotel in a perfect location in Athens We barely needed to use public transport, we just walked everywhere. Despite all the graffiti in the area I really liked it. Lots of local shops, a great vibe and not too many tourists. We felt very safe.

Warm welcome from guy on reception, who even taught us some basic Greek at our request.

I should note that I emailed them 4 months ahead of our trip to ask if we could (if possible) have a view if the acropolis, but got no response. I tried again 2 weeks before we left the UK, but again no response. So sadly we didn't get our view, but we had the amazing roof terrace so it wasn't a huge loss!

Also, we had booked a double room and had twin beds pushed together. I asked if we could move to a double room but the nice friendly reception guy told us that the only room left wasn't as good, but at least he was very willing and not at least put out by our request.

Room was good. V clean. Lovely beds and shower. All you can ask for! We were never in there long enough to use the tv, but the wifi signal worked very well (rm 603).

Breakfast fairly standard and nothing to write home about, but did the job and again everyone friendly. Good coffee.

There was somewhere to leave our suitcases too for a late check out.

Would recommend and would stay here again- at the very least because everyone was so friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is area of calm in a very busy area, although the nearby roads are very quiet. Don't let the appearance of the immediate street area put you off, as the hotel is modern, clean and tidy inside. I did not have any problems with the reception staff; they were always very helpful and pleasant. I stayed there on a walking holiday finishing in Athens,staying on for a further 2 nights. My room on the 6th floor did not have an Acropolis view or balcony but looked out on the rear of the flats nearby, but as I spent most of the time sightseeing this was no problem. Air-conditioning effective. Free Wi-fi which reached everwhere as there were 2 different routers. Continental breakfast that was plentiful and varied, with good coffee. Good room housekeeping and plenty of hot water and fresh towels. Amazing view of the Acropolis from the 7th floor roof terrace. The hotel was quiet except on one night when there was a visiting Belgian school group. If there are problems inform the receptionist immediately as the hotel management do not want unwanted noise at night. I visited the sister hotel (Acropolis Hill hotel) and that was very nice - slightly more upmarket and nearer to the Acropolis area. Situated in a more residential, quieter area, however as I was on my own for 2 nights I decided to stay at the Arion Athens hotel. It was also very near to the metro stop Monastiraki with direct connection to Athens airport in about 40 minutes (8 Euros single or 4 Euros concession fee). Many restaurants nearby. Most museums in Greece offer over 65s half price charge with proof of age. Visit the Benaki Museum which has an amazing private collection including icons, pictures, jewellery and costumes.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, and Acropolis Hill views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

My visit didn't start well - a school group had arrived with more children than planned, so I was asked if I'd move to a sister hotel. That was handled very efficiently, and when I came back the next day they gave me a superb room with a great view - from Lykavettos to the Acropolis and beyond.
Even if your room doesn't have that view, you can take your breakfast upstairs to the 7th floor roof garden & enjoy an even better view from there.

TourHotel, General Manager at Arion Athens Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Jim_Cleary,

Thank you for your comments and for your understanding at the beginning of your stay. I am glad that you felt it was handled efficiently and that you enjoyed the room that was allocated to you! I am equally very glad to read that you enjoyed the views of the Acropolis and the city of Athens as a whole!

We really hope to see you again on your future trip to Athens!

Best regards
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Arion Hotel is a well located hotel near the Monastiraki area in Athens.
Due its wonderful location, you have several places nearby to visit. The room is clean, very comfortable and atmospheric, room service is perfect.
We had a nice room which was very spacious and had a very good range of amenities. The room staff were helpful and the breakfast was excellent. Facilities & Wifi and very useful.

The reception desk service is very slow and not wellcoming at all.Can be better!
In the morning I had to wait more than 15 minutes to order a cab and almost missed my tour bus because the receptionist spends most of his time in the manager's office for smaltalk.
Same situation in the afternoon,I returned at 8 pm and there was nobody available in the front desk. Later when I went to the front desk the receptionist was sitting in the lobby eating fruits.

All in all good value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Toddglee,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to read that your family enjoyed the room, the location, the breakfast and more, and that you found our hotel to be “value for money”. At Arion Athens Hotel we try hard to exceed customer’s expectations and always try to ensure that guests have a memorable experience, therefore, I would like to apologize for the service deficiencies that you experienced. Thank you for bringing that incident to my attention. Rest assured that I shall be following your comments up directly with my team.

Kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel Arion is perfectly situated. Just a few minutes walk from the metro station 'Monastiraki,' (which is on the direct line from the airport), a few minutes walk from the main shopping streets and there is a lovely quaint square at the end of the road with the best cafe called 'τα σερμπέτια' (Serbetia) with the best cake selection EVER - Try the 'Love Cake!' We arrived at the Arion and were checked in by a friendly receptionist. We checked into our room, which was very clean, modern, spacious and of a much higher standard than we expected for a 3 star hotel. The room standard was similar to 5 star hotels we've stayed in. We were lucky enough to have a room with an Acropolis view too. We had a fantastic nights sleep, the bed and bedding were extremely comfortable. There was no noise from outside the hotel or in the hotel corridors (as they are carpetted). The breakfast in the morning was plentiful. You could have cereals, yogurt/honey, croissants, bread, eggs, juices, hot drinks. We would definately recommend a stay at this hotel and we would stay again on a visit to Athens

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TourHotel, General Manager at Arion Athens Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear T-L_OFlynn,

Thank you very much for your wonderful remarks which I have shared with out staff. I am delighted to read that your first stay at the Arion Athens Hotel exceeded expectations and that you found the rooms to be equivalent to 5 star properties. At Arion Athens Hotel we try hard to exceed customer’s expectations and your positive feedback is our best reward.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
And again, many thanks for recommending us!

Warmest Regards
Rhodes, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We would definately recommend a stay at this hotel and we would stay again on a visit to Athens.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel itself is good with modern furniture and bathrooms. The location is 5 min walk from the main attractions but the street the hotel is located is not very beautiful.
The staff is very helpfull and polite. The only reason why I give this hotel a poor review is the occurrence of the bed bugs at the hotel and it's not acceptable for any kind of hotel.
After first night my neck was bitten by the bed bugs which was also confirmed by the doctor.
I was moved to the other room but after the second night the same bites were on my hand.
It's really disgausting and the situation should be treated by the hotel very seriously.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, as you know we were deeply concerned to learn of this situation, and when this matter was brought to our attention we took immediate action. The health and safety of our guests and employees is always our top priority and we are committed to the highest standards when it comes to our guests.

We do know that many hotels throughout the world have problems with bed bugs. Our management and Housekeeping staff are both trained and educated in detecting the signs of bed bugs and we are vigilant in our efforts to keeping the hotel free of bugs.

On the very rare occasion that the hotel has a report or incident, we take immediate action. If necessary, our service will clean the room using a combination of heat and chemical technology, treating everything in the room, including linens, bedspreads, bed frames, mattresses, curtains, furniture and rigorously inspect all surrounding rooms. The room remains out of service until no evidence of activity is found. Only then will a room be reopened for use by guests.

It goes without saying that we have always been committed to ensuring the comfort and safety of our guests; and we regret that your recent stay did not live up to that commitment. Your comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us.

Please let me know if I can provide any further information or if I can personally assist in any way.

Kindest Regards,
Petros Pappas
Arion Athens Hotel

Been to Arion Athens Hotel? Share your experiences!