“Good location, but unprofessional staff and some rooms uninhabitable (MOLD!!!)” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pella-Inn Hotel

Save Saved
You added Pella-Inn Hotel to your Saves list
Pella-Inn Hotel
1.0 of 5 Inn   |   104 Ermou, Athens 10554, Greece   |
Ranked #15 of 49 Athens B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 3 different times during our 6 week trip in Greece. The first two times were pleasant and our room with a private bathroom (room 46) was in okay condition and had a wonderful view from the balcony. However, our third stay was a different story. We arrived late in the evening and had a reservation for 2 nights in a room with a private bathroom. It wasn't until we arrived that they told us that the room would not be available for that evening, but MIGHT be available the following evening. An email or a phone call would have been appropriate, but I can live with this. She said they would shave a few euros off our bill since they would be putting us in a room that has a shared bathroom. A few euros? Wow, thanks! The big "wow" though was how much different this room was compared to the room we had on our previous two stays. I can deal without having a private bathroom, but the severe water damage and mold growing up the wall is unacceptable and it's a health hazard as well. Also, there was no balcony for this room and the view was disgusting. This is how you treat repeat guests??? But we saved a couple euros, or so we thought.....This hotel collects your money upfront upon check-in, so, since they were unsure of the final cost of our stay since they weren't sure if we would get the room we originally booked for the final night, they took my passport instead and said I would pay upon check-out. We went to the rooftop with our own beer to drink it off, but the bartender told us we could only purchase beer from the rooftop bar if we wanted to drink on the rooftop. We would have been on our own balcony one floor below enjoying our own beer and the same view if it wasn't for the hostel screwing up our reservation. They screw up our reservation, put us in a deplorable room, and then tell us we need to buy their beer to enjoy the rooftop. Seriously?

So, after the first night in a squalid room that should not even be rented out to a dog, we had to lug our heavy bags down the stairs and leave them unsecured at the reception and then re-check-in to the room we originally booked but weren't even sure if we were going to even get until we arrived back at the hostel after our day out in Athens. The room was available and the night went without incident. The morning of our departure, we spent 14 euros for the metro and headed to the airport. After a few stops, I realized that they forgot to give me back my passport. Having no other option than to jump out of the metro and catch a cab back to the hostel and then to the airport, this cost me an additional 40 euros. This is all because this hostel screwed up our reservation and held my passport because they were unsure of the final cost. In retrospect, I should have just paid the price for what it would have cost had we got the room we reserved both nights, for the few euros they shaved off the price for a night in a wretched room ended up costing me 40 euros. Definitely not staying here again. What a joke! The staff needs to get their act together and the owner needs to open his eyes and fix the place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hood River, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The location is very close to the sites, its a good, close location to the train. The staff are VERY friendly and VERY helpful. The view from the terrace is AMAZING! The beds were not that great, and the blankets were a little old looking. The sheets were terrible! There were days when they didn't have clean sheets/blankets/towels which was a bit frustrating. The showers...I didn't use them! There was an inch of water on the floor and the facility was not clean. If you did shower in the afternoon(3pm) they were not so bad. I did however stay four nights due to connivence and the staff. Not my favorite hostel but was worth the price!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Yes, the bathroom needs doing and had fungus in it, but for the rest I think it was a great stay. We had a twin room with private bathroom.The room was nice. The neighourhood is ok (not in the ghetto). It is very close (few minutes) from the metro station. It is right in the old centre, at walking distance to main attractions. The room was really ok and had a balcony with view of the Acropolis. There was airconditining, but is was a bit noisy. There is free internet computers and free wifi. There is also a shared fridge. It has a rooftop bar with great view of the Acropolis. You get a free welcome drink (Ouzo). There is a walking tour which you can join, good way to meet people. Backpacker place. Staff is helpfull and friendly. I did not like the bathroom, but for the rest it was great and I think it is a good value hostel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cergy-Pontoise, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Awesome hotel! I stayed there for 5 nights, and every one of them here awesome, Athens as a whole trip was really good but the hostal meade everything better! The free walking tour was really good, George, our guide was really funny and had a very deep knowledge of the city; the staff at the hostal was really helpfull and nice to us, we even got free shots of some local drink on saturday night, eht hostal is located near all the important locations, its a 5 min walk to ancient Agora, and the rooftop view of the Acropolis is ridiculous, especially at night; The hostal is also basically one block away from the bars, a lot of night activity over there, and its also about 15 min away (walkking) from the nice clubs of Athens, and finally to top it all, the sailing trip, if you stay in this hotel, PLEASE go to this trip, it was an awesome experience, we ent to a little island alled Aegina, ate and walked on the beach, but the really heart of this trip is the boat ride and the sailing lessons, they literally let you drive the boat with sails and everything, totally worth the 50 euros!

Room Tip: Try to get any room in the 4th floor, because as the hotel is near the bars it gets kinda noisy duri...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here one night and found it fine, but I wouldnt stay here for a longer period. I arrived quite late and found it was in an area where it was just starting to feel dodgy. The staff were friendly and the free wifi in the common area was good. The view of the acropolis from the roof is cool. I was surprised when I got into my room that there were no sheets. Each bed had one single sheet which you can either use as an under sheet or an over sheet. I used it as an over sheet and slept on the matress which I thought was kind of gross. Though it was hot in the evening I got cold during the night and had to use my jacket as a blanket. I think this may be fairly normal for Greece though as I later encountered similar bedding at other hostels. There were no lockers and not much room for everyone to put their bags. The bathrooms were basic but did the job. I probably wouldnt stay here again as I also stayed in another place in Athens later on which I liked better.

Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

A group of friends and I made a trip to Athens in April and this hotel made the trip amazing!!!! Was an easy short walk from the train station and main shopping streets. Great food located in every direction. We had a very easy time getting around in our neighborhood as well. Very friendly staff! There were four of us so we booked a private 4 twin bed room. They were bunkbeds and small, but we had an amazing little balcony with a view of the Acropolis! It was amazing to be lying in my bed looking out the balcony at the Acropolis!

Short walk to Acropolis from our hotel. They also have a rooftop terrace. My friends and I ended up spending a lot of time on the rooftop. We saw some amazing sunsets and had a great view of the acropolis lit up at night! I highly reccomend this place to any traveler who enjoys a good view and a great location!

Hotel also included wi-fi and computers in lobby to acces the internet with!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Amazing hotel! I've stayed here twice now, for about eight-nine nights total. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Athens. The staff was incredibly friendly, and knowledgeable. They helped me book ferries, find supermarkets, get free walking tours - all the thing's I'd be lost without - and reception is opened 24 hours. I'd say, without a doubt, they have the best location in Athens. It's super close to all the attractions, and it's a minute walk from the metro station. And the best part - I mean the very best part - is the rooftop view! The Acropolis, at night, all lit up.. word's can not express. You have a perfect view from the roof, and it's a great place to socialize. Oh. And free wifi. What else do you need? Stay at this hotel. Just do it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Pella-Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!