“Like spending the day with a friend - an absolute highlight of our time in Athens!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Athens Insiders Private Day Tours

Athens Insiders Private Day Tours
_ 190 Syngrou Avenue, Athens 17671, Greece
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 221 Activities in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: A different way to discover the multiple faces and the little known treasures of Athens through the eyes of a local. Filled with unique insights and sharing a never ending love for the city we live in, we are committed to revealing to you the real Athens that we admire. Providing private and tailor made travel experiences we escape from rigid itineraries, stepping out the beaten track and sharing with you amazing hidden places and first-hand insights into our city, our lifestyle and our cultural heritage. You can choose from unique themed tours or just design your unique itinerary!
Dayton
3 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

During our recent stay in Athens, we were fortunate enough to spend a full day with Anthia from Athens Insiders. It is not often that by the end of such a day excursion you can say you truly felt as if you had spent the day with an old friend - this was just the case at the end of our day with Anthia. She led us on a unique and intimate tour of Athens sharing insights and knowledge from her life here in the city. She was completely happy to tailor our tour in any way we liked, stopping for coffee and lunch at special local establishments , off of the well beaten tourist path. She was so very kind and considerate to even assist us with a pressing matter unrelated to our tour, even following up long after our tour completed - definitely going above and beyond! She exemplified the concept that Athens Insiders strives for - to bring travelers an intimate friendly experience away from home. And as for us, we have made a new friend - Thank you Anthia!

Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I visited Athens for a business trip, therefore I only had a day to make the most of the city; I therefore chose Athens Orientation by Athens Insiders which was brilliant as it gave me a taste of the city centre while floating around in a laid back manner. I was presented with the right amount of info so as to learn interesting facts about the city but without being overwhelmed. They showed me places only a local would probably know and I had the opportunity to taste the real Greek cuisine which was beautiful. I would recommend Athens Insiders to anyone who wants the real deal when visiting this amazing city. I had a fantastic time, thank you!!!

Visited September 2012
Seattle, Washington
“A visit to Athens that will be remembered fondly for ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife, her sister and husband, and myself, on an extended tour of Spain, Morocco, Turkey, United Kingdom and Greece, were simply thrilled and very happy during our six day stay in the Greek islands and Athens. Our 3 day stay in Athens was the most exciting and unforgettable part of our tour. This was mostly because of the excellent service provided by Athens Insiders represented by their qssociate Anthia Viassapoulou. It is difficult to express in words, the fun. knowledge and general understanding of Greek culture that we acquired from Anthia. Anthia has not only good looks, but a vast knowledge of her profession. The wonderful time we had with Anthia at the Acropol, the interesting rides in nice town touring buses, and a host of other things, including a wonderful outdoor lunch at an excellent restaurant was simply amazing. Anthia was constantly concerned about our safety, and held our hands one by one, while we were roaming at the top of Acropol. Anthia helped us personally for our shopping needs, and in the end put us comfortably in a bus which us to a house that our Greek friend had set aside for us, and who is well known to Anthia.

We are planning to go to Athens again later this year for reasons that are self evident. It goes on without saying that I would recommend any one to contact Athens Insiders for a very satisfying time in Athens and other places in wonderful Greece.

Madat Chatur
Seattle, Washington
USA

Acropol

Visited May 2012
“The best way to see, hear, feel and taste a city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

For anyone who wants to experience a city the locals way. Athens insiders was a real treat. Athens is not an easy city to negotiate if you are new to it. The guys took on what I wanted to see, hear, feel and taste and gave me the full works.
I loved it. Would definatley use them again and look forward to them expanding to other cities. This should be the way forward for tourism. No more drudgery and tourist trails, instead unique hand picked passage tailored to suit the individuals needs.

Berlin
“We had an amazing time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Myself and my husband just came back from Athens where we had a great tour with Athens Insiders.We are no big history buffs and were looking for a tour that would cover a bit of everything, and our guide Anthia gave us just that!!! She was very friendly and considerate and shared really interesting information with us. We learnt all sort of things about the city of Athens and Greek people, and felt really pampered. Its one of the best tours we have ever done and we definitely recommend it!

Visited November 2012