“A Little Gem in Athens” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 49 Athens B&B and Inns
Vasilikades
“A Little Gem in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

A fairly new small family run boutique style hotel in a great location just about five minutes walk from Syntagma. In a quiet side street, near to bars, shops and restaurants and the old Plaka area. Afrodite was most welcoming and very helpful when we had a problem on our two night stay. A lot of attention and effort has been made to ensure comfort in a stylish atmosphere, it felt just like staying in a very comfortable home from home! The varied buffet breakfasts including homemade preserves and pastries were delicious, along with freshly brewed coffee. As we travel frequently through Athens we are sure to stay there again and would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Booked a standard room which was a bit small for us as we work when we travel. Beautifully decorated...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Haifa, , Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

words can't say the wonderful experience we had staying in this small family run hotel!!!!the cleanliness of the room and bathroom ,the big size of the bed and wow!!!the comfortable matress.
we stayed for seven days in athens at this hotel.breakfast was plentifull with the delicious homemade dishes by AFRODITA'S MOM and also a big variety of other foods just good to start your day.the warmth and the wellcoming attitude of the family are one of a kind!!!!!this will be our hotel when we come back!!!no need to look anywhere else.close to all important and interesting places you need to see.free internet everywhere in the hotel.very nicely decorated and everything so nice ,quiet and clean!! and AFRODITA you are the best.thank you
ingrid and avner arie,haifa,israel

Room Tip: if you are a couple you might choose not an economy room because they are smaller
Zakynthos, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed to this beautiful hotel for two nights. Everything was perfect. It was very clean and well decorated. I really loved the home made ''pitas'' and jam served for breakfast. Thanks to the owner for her kindness and the lovely homemade jam and liqeur she offered to us, before we left.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I travel to Athens quite a lot and have finally found the perfect hotel. I was staying nearby and went in to see if I could see some of the rooms as I had seen it on the internet but had booked elsewhere where I have previously stayed. I was fortunate to be shown through several of the hotel rooms by one of the family owners and I could have stayed in any one of them. The attention to detail was fantastic and the decor of the rooms was chic but homely and warm at the same time. The breakfast room was very light and the selection of food was great. The standard of the hotel was 5 star and being a small family owned hotel you could tell it was very well cared for and the family had put their heart and soul into the completely and newly renovated premises. Great location and 5 minute walk from Syntagama and to the Plaka. After comparing this hotel to the others I have stayed at I can rate it as excellent. Finally a sweet home away from home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

At last an Athens hotel with the style and attention to detail that you would usually only find in Nafplion or our ski resorts. A nice muted palette throughout, neo-classical with retro touches, excellent decor. The best shower I have experienced in Greece without exception (waterfall and handheld, large cubicle), Apvita luxury amenities, over 25 channels on the tv, superb beds. My street front room had an ample balcony, clever insect screens on the doors and at night was absolutely silent..a quiet street and very good soundproofing. I have stayed at or visited friends in many hotels in central Athens and rate this one the best currently available for location (for tourists), comfort, service and value. If I was offered this hotel or the supposedly 5 star St George Lycabettus, even if they were the same rate I would chose the Sweet Home Hotel first; this little gem is less than half the price though! Manager is exceptionally helpful and switched on too. Book now, this one will be full all year round.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

A brand new hotel, family run & only been open 2 weeks. Huge renovation of what was a very basic cheap place before, now it has style, comfort & extremely friendly & attentive service.
The rooms vary, some have balconies, others don't, a few have a view of the Acropolis, some interconnecting to make family accommodation.
Large & very comfortable beds, good size bathrooms, some big, great shower fittings, all are cubcles with doors, classy toiletries & a couple of firsts for me, there are flannels/facecloths/washcloths provided (depends on your nationality what you call them!) & the bath towels are the large size, not the small ones you usually get that only go round the skinny people!
There is also a hairdryer, minibar, safe & tv, & internet access for free. The place has character, with many of the old features still retained such as some doors, the staircase etc, but also a brand new lift installed of a good size.
Breakfast was dangerous (to me), already a good selection of a couple of hot items, cereals, fruit, yogurt, cake, eggs, bread, cheese, ham etc, then a large bowl of loukamades was brought out, that's my diet done for while I stay here! In the small reception/bar area there are also sweets & chocolates around, so tempting :) As the title says, I'm very impressed with the care & attention to detail that has been used here, a very worthy contender for a central stay.
Below & opposite are 2 traditional tavernas, both fine to eat at, or stop for a drink before returning to your room.
It's a rare thing to give a 5 to everything, but I felt I had to, I haven't found anything to fault at all. Also unusual for me to write the review while still in residence, but have had a few people enquire where I was staying, so I thought I'd let you all know!
I will add some photos soon to this review.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good, the cheaper ones tend to be smaller & no balcony, but only seem small becau...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sweet Home Hotel? Share your experiences!