“Superb restaurant, Food is prepared to perfection, Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Belpaese

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Superb restaurant, Food is prepared to perfection, Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I visit Athens about 1 week a month and I typically try the Greek Cuisine. I decided to try this restaurant as I noticed they had fresh made pasta and interesting specials. I at there my last night of my most recent trip. I must say that the food was made to perfection, pasta was fresh and cooked just right. I wanted wine with dinner, but since I was alone, I did not want to buy a whole bottle, so I ordered a wine by the glass. I asked for a very dry wine and I thought Merlot or another wine should be the way to go. However, the owner suggested a dry Rose. I was skeptical at first, but after a little wine tasting, I was delightfully pleased. The wine was crisp and dry. A perfect addition to my linguine with fresh clams with a oil and garlic sauce. The pasta was al dente and cooked to perfection. The cappuccino was also perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant. it is quaint, the decor is unique and creative, but simple, and the service is great! I will certainly eat here again during my next trip. It is worth the trip-right near Plaka and the Akropolis.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Last night in Athens”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We saved Belpaese for our last night treat. I know it sounds strange having Italian in Greece but we like Italian.
We got a table inside, it wasn't too busy. Lots of people enjoying themselves. We noticed the in house puddings, which made the boss lady smile.
Service was slow but salad starter was great, waitress forgot wife's soft drink.
Main courses came and were great, service was slow.
Plates were taken away.
After 15mins we asked for sweet menu.
Sorry we are too busy and it's too late!!!!!
A sad end to a great break.
We got ice creams on the Main Street and marvelled at the Acropolis.

Visited May 2014
“Great little find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

A terrific little Italian restaurant in Athens - who knew? My 5yr old son and I had a quick lunch there and found the food to be excellent quality and true Italian (like his mom's cooking ;). Definitely recommend.

“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is very good Italian food. We had great pasta and a divine tiramisu with strawberries!. The owner is a friendly Italian. If you are done with the greek food go here

Ramat Gan, Israel
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We eat there with our 3 kids. The food was very good. The owner was welcoming and the decorations was very nice. We recommend.

• Visited April 2014