“EPIC!!! BRILLIANT!!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Private Tour: Sailing Trip from Athens
Ranked #5 of 221 Activities in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: Athens Walks have a passion about the city of Athens. Our goal is to show you Athens through a locals perspective to experience the sites and the hidden treasures of this city. Our city tours combine 3 aspects; History - Cuisine - Nature. Explore the glorious history of the city, the amazing and healthy Greek cuisine and the natural beauty of Greece.
Windsor, England, United Kingdom
“EPIC!!! BRILLIANT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Hi I absolutely loved it, Kostas (tour guide) knows the area very well - i felt completely safe cycling through Athens with Kostas, its totally worth the money, i had so much fun! Done and seen quite a lot, which would def help you in getting to know the areas. Would def recommend this to everyone who loves a adventure :))

gas, Owner at Athens Walks Tour Company - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Such a great bike tour!
Thank you so much for the review.
I really appreciate.
Wish you the best.
Hope to see you again.

• Turkish first
Dubai
3 attraction reviews
“Kostas is the perfect travel companion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 3 day trip to Athens. As usual, we were rather last-minute with our planning. Lucky for us, I found Athens Walks, aka..Kostas, via a blog about Greece. From the start, he was very quick to respond and very accommodating. He went above and beyond, even suggesting a few hotels for us, one of which we stayed at (O&B Hotel which I also highly recommend).

I was indecisive on which day to book the tour, but finally decided to do the Food Tour on Friday afternoon. Unfortunately, we had to change it due to a scheduling conflict on our side. Kostas was extremely accommodating with my (many) changes and we ended up doing the Food Tour on Saturday morning. In addition, he suggested the Athens Hills Tour on Friday evening which we also did. NO REGRETS! He showed up at exactly the time and place he said to meet him and off we went. Kostas is full of knowledge about Athens, is great at answering questions, and has a great sense of humor to boot. The tour started around 5pm and we finally parted ways around 9:30 or so. There are a few great surprises along the way which I won't give away here. Our 9:30pm departure was after a stop at a wine bar recommendation for a drink and delicious cheeses with Kostas :-) I don't think that's part of the tour, but we really didn't want it to end.

The next morning we met Kostas for our Food Tour. We tasted some delicious traditional Greek breakfast goodies, had Greek coffee, walked through the markets (it's probably best if you don't know what the guys are yelling :-), sampled olives, cheeses, sausages, olive oils, vinegars, ouzo and wine. At the end, Kostas went out of his way to take us to a wine shop in Kolonaki, and finally dropped us at a place for lunch, mainly for the tzatziki, which I couldn't seem get enough of on this trip (both of these places were off the grid of the tour).

Kostas went way above and beyond for us in SO many ways and we are extremely grateful. One of the great things is that you don't feel like he's just "doing his job" and churning out tours just to get them over with and get paid. He seems to have a genuine interest in his customers; telling us great tidbits about past customers with much fondness. He was also kind enough to offer help in planning future trips through Greece should we be interested. Not only do we feel like we came away with a better understanding of Athens, but with a new friend.

Thanks a million, Kostas!

Marcia & John

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your review.
How can I forgot the time we had together.
It is when parts of our job becomes such a pleasure.
I really hope to see you again in Athens.
My warmest Regards!
Dallas, Texas
12 attraction reviews
““Amazing Tour, Kostas is Exceptional, Highly recommend!””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

After thoroughly researching tour options for our trip to Athens, my wife and I settled on the Athens Walks Food Tour with Kostas.

We have gone on more than a dozen tours / food walks all over the world and can recommend this tour with 100% confidence. Kostas is very personable and his enthusiasm, knowledge and passion for the city really came through. It was like touring the city with a good friend. We walked away with a much better understanding of modern day Athens. We couldn't recommend his services more highly. Worth every penny. Thanks again Kostas!

Visited March 2013
Thank you very much for your review.
It was great to meet you. I wish you all the best.
Your sincerely.
London, United Kingdom
“A must- do trip if visiting Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

If there is one tour you do whilst visiting Athens it has to be the food tour. It is amazing, all the hidden treasures you would never find on your own. The tour guide makes you feel very comfortable and has a vast knowledge of this beautiful city and what Athens has to offer. Don't miss out book in advance. Thank you for making our trip complete.
Nick and Dee

Visited January 2013
Nico thank you very much.
It was lovely to do the Food Tour with Athens Walks.
My warmest Regards to your lovely family.
Ieper (Ypres), Belgium
“A perfect way to see more of Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have visited Athens twice before, but during my last visit with my friends, we decided to have a guided tour. Athens is a wonderful destination and it can keep you busy for many days exploring. With this tour company, we were hoping to find those places and hidden corners you won't find when you're out on your own. We were not disappointed!
Our guide was very knowledgeable and passionate about his city and history. He lives in Athens, and clearly knows where to get the best deals and most interesting sights.

On my first day we did the food tour. We visited the meat and the fish market, where I got to taste some raw clams! We had a stop for the best espresso in the city, gazed at the multicoloured vegetables at the markets and tasted some olives. I was taken to stores that spiced up my wildest imagination. Spices, meat delicacies, fresh dairy products... I wish I could take it all home. We also went wine-tasting, olive-oil tasting and even vinegar tasting in another store, a real gem. I bought a lot of products there, honey, oils, vinegars, fava peas... Everything very well wrapped for air travel. The tour got me to places I would never find on my own, and while exploring conversation was always interesting and informative. Our guide was very much interested in our wishes or expectations. It was so much more than a guided tour, we were being led around by someone who took interest in our lives and our expectations. We finished the tour by having the best loukoumades I've ever tasted, enjoying conversation in that typical Greek welcoming way.

On my second day we did the Athens hills tour, another tour I definitely recommend! We started the tour watching the change of the guards at the presidential mansion, where we got more information about the evzones (elite guards) From there a short stroll through the beautiful national gardens. The hill part was not too bad, it doesn't include that steep climbs! Anyone can walk this. We explored the Anafiotika area, which was a hidden gem in the middle of the city. Our guide was very knowledgeable, and told us many stories about the history of the area, including a very moving story about a young evzone who sacrified his life for Greece. The kind of stories you wouldn't hear, unless you have someone knowledgeable and inspired near you. With Athens at our feet, we were fed a delicious spanakopita. No risk your energy levels would get low! The tour was amended, because we passed by a little museum that I have not found open before, and I really wanted to have a look. No problem for our guide, and from city guide he developped into museum guide! This is one of the best things of this tour company, it's flexibility. A tour is fitted perfectly to your specific needs or interests! The tour ends with the most amazing view on the acropolis, seen from Philopapou hill. Definitely the best picture opportunity in the city. Nothing better than enjoying a lovely sparkling wine, enjoying the view with friends around, and a guide who makes sure you get the best out of your time!

Whenever in Athens, for the first time or for return visits, this tour company will get you the best Athens has to offer, custom fit to your interests. I would recommend Athens Walks to all my friends and family, and I will definitely use them again for future visits.

Visited December 2012
Dear Floevy
Thank you for your positive review.
I'm glad to join our tours.
Always at your services.