Stayed a few days in this hotel in August 2008.
- 5 min from metro station
- spacious room, but not as beautiful as the photos in the website. I think we got an old bedroom
- friendly staff, always polite and helpful
- very comfortable beds. The bed was definitely new!!!
- roof top restaurant: good for food, drinks, nice view… and good reasonable prices too!
- air conditioner not very good. Very old and takes a long time to work. We went in August, therefore air con was a must!
- toilet need to be refurbished or better cleaned (over the years). And it was quite small.
- Victoria Square can be a bit scary in the evening if you are alone.
Breakfast was ok. Cereal, 3 or 4 types of bread, ham, cheese, feta, tomato, fruit (from tin), cakes, sausages, some other greek hot food, boiled egg, orange juice (very sweet, squash style). Haven’t tried the restaurant though, as the top roof seemed more exciting (food, view and definitely prices!)
How to get there? In Athens aeroport we got a train/metro to Monastiraki. Tickets cost 6 euros for one person, or 10 euros for two. One way can be used for 1 ½ hours (enough time to get to the hotel). At Monastiraki, change to green line towards Kifissia. Stop at Victoria Square. When out of the station, cross the square and keep going down the hill. Cross a narrow street and turn left on the next one (Archenon). The hotel is on the next left corner.
We would recommend, and would stay there again.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.