“A Happy Accident” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Evergreen Park, Illinois
“A Happy Accident”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I ended up at the Divani Acropolis Palace Hotel rather unexpectedly when my husband had to be taken from the cruise we were on to the Metropolitan Hospital in Greece. I can not say enough about the entire staff at this hotel. The manager Mr. Themes & Mr.Loukas (sorry if spelled wrong!) could not do enough for me. They were sympathetic to my situation and were more than helpful in every request from directions to supplying an adapter plug for my laptop. Each day someone from the desk would ask how my husband was doing in the hospital. Each and every person on staff that I encountered was friendly and caring. The room I had was lovely, immaculate, safe and comfortable-Thanks Sofia!!. The hotel is ideally suited for touring the Acropolis and the Plaka. Additionally, the rooftop restaurant was outstanding as was the service and the view of the Acropolis. Eventually, after 5 days my husband was released from the hospital and every person greeted him as if he were family. My heartfelt thanks to everyone there for making a very difficult time a lot easier. I hope to return in the future under happier circumstances. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Athens.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very good rooms, not enough view. We arrived by metro from airport, it gets more than 40 minutes but there isn't enough directions (from Acropol metro station to hotel) at hotels web site. Hotel is very closed to metro station it takes only 7-8 minutes by walk with your suit cases :-) If you are unlucky and your neighbours wake up early and begin to to talk at balcony echo is very much, becareful for your neighbours !!

Room Tip: You have to get room from opposite side from main entrance. (from west side)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I travel a lot for business and have the opportunity to stay in numerous hotels. I have stayed in hotels much more grand, but this hotel and it's staff should be the university for teaching other hotels the meaning of hospitality. I was extremely pleased with our stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was traveling alone and I wanted a place close to everything so I wouldn't have to travel far from my hotel at night. This hotel is perfect. It is 2 blocks from the Acropolsis and walking distance to Pikka, where you will find all the restaurants and shopping. You can take the Metro from the airport to the Acropolsis and just walk a few blocks to the hotel. Everyone at the hotel was great. I asked where the ice machine was and they brought me ice at no charge. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definately book this hotel again. My room had a balcony which was a added plus I didn't expect. For the money it was great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was the venue for an international conference I attended.

Initially, I thought that the beds were a bit old and lumpy. But, after I'd actually gone to bed I had the best sleep I'd had in a long time. Very comfortable in fact.

The conference food was a delight. Most conference catering at hotel venues is derivative and without flavour. The catering at Divani was fantastic. One of the best I've had.

Would recommend for your next business conference in Athens.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a Trafalgar tour, and then another night post- tour. The rooms were decent and staff were friendly, for the most. Many tour companies use this hotel, so the lobby is frequently busy checking in large groups, making it difficult to speak to a staff member. I was most disappointed that the roof-top terrace does not open until later in the evening. We went up for a drink on the first night and found it to be a bit stuffy for our taste so we did not return. Also, not every table on the terrace has a view of the Acropolis. The breakfast buffet was better than average. The location is very good; near the Plaka area, Acropolis and New Acropolis Museum. I prefer the smaller boutique hotels, like the Plaka Hotel, where we stayed a few days before our tour started. I found the service there to be much more personalized. Since I do not care about a pool or other big hotel amenities, the Divani Palace was not the hotel for me. Also, you have to pay for wifi, and it still didn't work reliably.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our "acropolis view" was a view of the back of several buildings, the other side of the hotel, and electrical poles. Way off in the distance, if you went out on the balcony and leaned over the side you could, in fact, get a glimpse of the Acropolis.
The rooms were small and tired, the balcony useless unless you wanted to watch the guy across from you smoking in his underwear. Large tour groups stay here. The location was near the Plaka, which was fun to walk around. The bathrooms were fine, with good amenities. If you just want a base from which to tour Athens, and you can get a good rate, stay here. If you would like a little more luxury, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: The Acropolis View is not much, so don't bother to upgrade. Keep your curtains closed.
Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Divani Acropolis Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!