I have written reviews of this hotel previously and will always give it a very good / excellent rating because of the staff and the location.
So it is going to sound a bit nit picky when I say:
1. Why do they charge for Wifi? At over €250 per night it should be free not just in the public areas.
2. This is now about our 7th stay and it would be nice if when we arrived that the staff had some way of recognising ( their booking system) that we were repeat customers.
3. If you want some "quiet time" by the pool to soak up the view don't go between 4 - 7pm, which of course is when you want to go after a hard days sightseeing. It was chaos when I was there on Saturday at 5pm but perfectly peaceful at 10am on Sunday.
4. And finally the view of the Acropolis from the rooftop restaurant can only be described as awesome. Not so the meal which is described as "Fine Dining". It was more than disappointing on this visit. We had chosen the Fine Dining Menu which is essentially a limited choice menu and in no matches the experiences we have had before when eating off the a la carte menu.
The menu choice should not make a difference to the quality of the food.
If you want to explore Athens from a great base this hotel ticks most of the boxes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ELECTRA PALACE HOTEL in Athens is a five star property, centrally located in the heart of Athens and the old town of Plaka and is within walking distance from Acropolis, all major historical sites and the business and commercial districts. Recently, the Electra Palace has been completely re-constructed, refurbished, expanded and outfit with the most contemporary equipments of the 21st century. The Hotel operates with 102 Standard guest rooms, 33 Superior Acropolis view rooms, 9 Junior Suites, 10 Suites and 1 Presidential Suite. In the property, one can find the "MOTIVO" restaurant, the "ELECTRA" Roof garden restaurant, the traditional English style "DUCK-TAIL" bar with its beautiful garden, a wellness area, an outdoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi and pool bar, an underground parking and a business centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Electra Palace Hotel Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Athens
- Electra Palace Hotel Athens Greece
- Electra Palace Athens