“Will knock your socks off!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mono Restaurant

Mono Restaurant
Mpenizelou Palaiologou 4C | Plaka, Athens, Greece (Plaka)
+30 21 0322 6711
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Plaka
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Will knock your socks off!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I had the last meal of our 2 week honeymoon in Greece at Mono, and what a great choice it was! I had a homemade pasta made with mandarines that was the most delicious pasta I ever had. So much so that the pasta was even more delicious than the shrimp and calamari that came with it. We also had a great shrimp ginger salad with fish eggs that was to die for, and the salmon tartare was excellent. My husband had the seared tuna and loved it. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, and we enjoyed every little bit of our experience. Highly recommended!!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Thousand Oaks, California
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I got the lamb with red currants and red cabbage. Yum! A little pricey though. The creme brulee I had for dessert was the best creme brulee I've had in my life, and that's saying something. The customer service was on par, not great but not bad. I'd recommend this place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Excellent food - best meal we had in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great place if you want to try something more modern and different than the traditional greek kitchen. We had the Salmon tartar with mango, Grilled Tuna steak, Lamp chops and Strawberry mousse - and every single dish was excellent. We visited the place on our last night in Athens, but will definitely come back if we visit Athens again. We paid about 70 euro for 2 people, which is pricy for greek restaurants but cheap compared to the quality of the food, and what you would pay in other european countries. Only downside was that they served the main course very fast after the starters, so we hardly had time to enjoy it to the full - but I guess that is just how they do in Greece. I will definitely recommend this if you want something else than the traditional greek food and can affort to pay a bit extra.

• Visited July 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great food in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I were walking around in Athens and didn't know where we were, but were hungry and decided to stop in Mono to eat lunch. This was some of the better food that we had in Greece on our vacation. I ordered the pork belly which was fantastic and my wife ordered a seafood pasta dish and we both loved them. Not your typical Greek food, but was good and definitely deserves a try.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Overpriced, rude staff - overall huge disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We were very excited about Mono based on other Trip Advisor reviews, but we had a terrible experience and were not impressed with the food. First, we asked about the portions of the starters since we had been snacking and sipping on wine on our balcony prior to dinner. The waitress insisted their salads were small, but when served they each came out on platters that could have served the whole table. We also ordered our main courses and it turned out that each couple ordered the same thing. The waitress even made a joke about it, but then gave us different plates and insisted that these were in fact out meals. Funny because she basically brought us the more expensive options. I had the pork, which was supposed to be slow cooked for 17 hours but tasted bland and tough: more like it was baked for 20 minutes in a conventional oven. Lastly, it took us almost an hour to get the waitress's attention to pay our bill. The one highlight was the bottle of wine, probably the best we had in Greece.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere