“The truffle fries are addictive!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #219 of 2,262 Restaurants in Athens
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek, Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Vezene is a Greek Inspired bistro cooking primarily with wood fire grills and ovens. It is located opposite the Hilton Hotel and Madrid Park with views to Lycabetus hill, very close to the Ilissia Gardens. The menu focuses on dry aged meat and local sustainable seafood.
Sevenoaks, Kent
“The truffle fries are addictive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This excellent restaurant has a good, but not too wide, selection of bistro style food but beware, the truffle fries are delicious, the portion size huge, totally addictive and you will find it difficult to leave them alone so that you may be too full for one of the great main courses!

It is quite small, crowded, noisy, buzzing and very popular - so book a table and if you need to talk, go early before the main rush.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the delay in our answering back.
Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had a pleasant experience. The menu has to be relatively small, in order for us to be able to have consistency in the ingredients as well as in the preparation of the dishes.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

• Greek first
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Good Prices, Great Food, Cool Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I will add to all the reviews and say that this was a very nice place to grab an early dinner. The restaurant isn't huge, but the "outside" seating is a very cool looking glass enclosed extension of the main seating area (presumably it is actually open-air seating in the summer). In the winter it is also heated. The most striking part about the outside area is that you sit on a glass floor above a garden that is lit up in the evening.
I had a salad followed by quail risotto. Both were absolutely delicious although the risotto was too much for me to finish after eating all the yummy bread :)
Total with a glass of white wine was 44 Euros - not too bad.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, February 27, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the delay in our answering back. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had an enjoyable experience. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you soon.
athens
“Good food for big prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

very busy and much in fashion, coming from a small ionian island, fusin cusine, decent, but three big minuses: very crowded leaving little space between tables, impossible to find a parking space near by, and too expensive for what it offers.

Visited March 2012
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, February 13, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the delay in our answer. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We took your comments into consideration.
We are a very small restaurant. The space between the tables is not always ample.
Our customers can park at the Hilton Hotel; there is a special charge, 5 euros for the first three hours. Just ask us for the coupon before you leave to go pick up your car.
We believe that our pricing is really competitive and value for money. Our ingredients are of the highest possible quality, thus they cost more than the average.
Management Team
Frankfurt
“More, more, more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was not ready for this experience in the middle of the worst economic crisis that has hit Athens. I could tell you lovely things about the atmosphere, the service, the location, but what it all comes down to is the food. I honestly cannot remember the last time I ate such a collection of dishes up to this standard. Sure, the menu looked intriguing, and you might think ´why order chips for 16 Euros?´. But do not make such a mistake! My advice to you is try to go with friends and try to order as many different dishes as you can. Our experience of the night was that every new plate that arrived was our favorite, and the next one topped the previous...

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, March 9, 2015
Please accept our apologies for not replying sooner. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We appreciate your feedback.
We strive to obtain the best possible materials so as to offer a memorable experience to our clients.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“good food, tactless service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I made a reservation for me and my cousin a week before my name anniversary. The restaurant tried to make contact with me to confirm the reservation (i wasn't told i have to confirm it) and when i contacted them 2 hours before arrival they said they had cancelled my reservation. They offered 2 seats at the bar and the next available table.

We started at the bar ,after spending 10 embarrassing minutes being patronised by the waiter, infont of my cousin, about not picking up the phone (while i was busy) and that i was fully responsible for destroying our evening....
During the whole dinner and up until the time we left there was a free table which was not offered to us...
The meal and dessert ware fantastic, good quality fresh products used, good size portion and interesting plates.

When i ordered the bill i was told that our two glasses of wine were on the house. The waiter took back the bill of 93 euros and gave me a bill of 83 euros, however he gave me 7euros change out of 100 euro note... I was too embarrassed to say anything and got my coat to leave the restaurant. My cousin who was at the bathroom during the whole time told me that the waiter stopped him on the way to tell him as well, that the wine was on the house which i find tactless as i made it clear to the waiter that this is my name anniversary and i am paying the bill.

To sum up, food is interesting and worth trying but don't expect anything special if you are used to american standards of an excellent restaurant. If you are prepared to be bossed around by high-nosed waiters and sign a ''contract'' for a cramped little table in a very noisy environment and beg them to get your 45 euros/person go for it...
I think good and friendly service is as equally important as good food. Unfortunately, that's not the case with Vezene and i won't be returning.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vezene, Διευθυντής at Vezene, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the late response. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are sorry you found your experience not to be a pleasant one. Let’s take things from the beginning though…
The actual reason we ask you for your phone number is to call and confirm the day of your reservation. As we’re sure you already know since you live in London, restaurants call the customers to confirm…
We always check with the waiters to confirm that our clients are given the correct change. In case that anyone stopped your cousin at the WC and told him that the wine was on the house, that would be in deed tactless, but that’s not how we do business here. At Vezene we do not use to boss or patronize people. We would be happy to see you again in our restaurant and offer you a memorable experience. We are really glad you enjoyed the food and we appreciate your feedback!
Management