“More, more, more!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #220 of 2,264 Restaurants in Athens
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek, Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Vezene is a Greek Inspired bistro cooking primarily with wood fire grills and ovens. It is located opposite the Hilton Hotel and Madrid Park with views to Lycabetus hill, very close to the Ilissia Gardens. The menu focuses on dry aged meat and local sustainable seafood.
Frankfurt
“More, more, more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was not ready for this experience in the middle of the worst economic crisis that has hit Athens. I could tell you lovely things about the atmosphere, the service, the location, but what it all comes down to is the food. I honestly cannot remember the last time I ate such a collection of dishes up to this standard. Sure, the menu looked intriguing, and you might think ´why order chips for 16 Euros?´. But do not make such a mistake! My advice to you is try to go with friends and try to order as many different dishes as you can. Our experience of the night was that every new plate that arrived was our favorite, and the next one topped the previous...

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, March 9, 2015
Please accept our apologies for not replying sooner. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We appreciate your feedback.
We strive to obtain the best possible materials so as to offer a memorable experience to our clients.

• Greek first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“good food, tactless service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I made a reservation for me and my cousin a week before my name anniversary. The restaurant tried to make contact with me to confirm the reservation (i wasn't told i have to confirm it) and when i contacted them 2 hours before arrival they said they had cancelled my reservation. They offered 2 seats at the bar and the next available table.

We started at the bar ,after spending 10 embarrassing minutes being patronised by the waiter, infont of my cousin, about not picking up the phone (while i was busy) and that i was fully responsible for destroying our evening....
During the whole dinner and up until the time we left there was a free table which was not offered to us...
The meal and dessert ware fantastic, good quality fresh products used, good size portion and interesting plates.

When i ordered the bill i was told that our two glasses of wine were on the house. The waiter took back the bill of 93 euros and gave me a bill of 83 euros, however he gave me 7euros change out of 100 euro note... I was too embarrassed to say anything and got my coat to leave the restaurant. My cousin who was at the bathroom during the whole time told me that the waiter stopped him on the way to tell him as well, that the wine was on the house which i find tactless as i made it clear to the waiter that this is my name anniversary and i am paying the bill.

To sum up, food is interesting and worth trying but don't expect anything special if you are used to american standards of an excellent restaurant. If you are prepared to be bossed around by high-nosed waiters and sign a ''contract'' for a cramped little table in a very noisy environment and beg them to get your 45 euros/person go for it...
I think good and friendly service is as equally important as good food. Unfortunately, that's not the case with Vezene and i won't be returning.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vezene, Διευθυντής at Vezene, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the late response. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are sorry you found your experience not to be a pleasant one. Let’s take things from the beginning though…
The actual reason we ask you for your phone number is to call and confirm the day of your reservation. As we’re sure you already know since you live in London, restaurants call the customers to confirm…
We always check with the waiters to confirm that our clients are given the correct change. In case that anyone stopped your cousin at the WC and told him that the wine was on the house, that would be in deed tactless, but that’s not how we do business here. At Vezene we do not use to boss or patronize people. We would be happy to see you again in our restaurant and offer you a memorable experience. We are really glad you enjoyed the food and we appreciate your feedback!
Management
Athens Greece
“Creative presentation and 5 star options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I don't know where to start--the truffle potato chips, the I-scream killer ice cream? The mini burger festive plate, the spare ribs with the mystery confit? The foie gras risotto and foie gras game hen pasta? The meat..... Don't miss this place before the Greek IRS closes this down and screws this up too.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, March 11, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the late response. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had a memorable experience. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Athens.
Greece
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have been to Vezene 3 times so far and i have always enjoyed their seemingly incoherent menu and their great service. Last time i went i also enjoyed (for the first time) also their desserts (especially the banana cake). One of the best options for dinner in Athens.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the delay in answering back. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We’re glad you had a good time and enjoyed the food. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again some time soon.
Bluffton, Indiana
“Best restaurant in the Hilton district”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Visited in the last month after getting Tripadvisor Athens on the smartphone. The place was fully booked but we got there early enough for them to get us in for a bite to eat. The food quality was excellent and after staying the Hilton 3 or 4 times in the last couple of years this is a place i will be going back to again.

The menu is not huge but has a good mixture. They have a nice choice of wines and the atmosphere is excellent. They have popovers which in the UK means very large Yorkshire Puddings that they bring to your table and taste fantastic. I ate Fois Gras enfused in a Pasta dish with Guinea Fowl and it was exceptional. The flavors throughout the menu looked great.

The service was great, our waiter had spent time in the USA and this certainly endeared him to our table and the American colleague I was with as we both live stateside. Also, and this was the best bit, we ate dessert and without having to he comped it...it was unnecessary service but he did it and this means he'll be getting more business.

I urge you to check this place out if you can get a table. Go a little earlier as the Greek people like to eat dinner later than most Northern Europeans or Americans.

Visited December 2012