“Best way to start my Greek vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Hotel

Save Saved
You added New Hotel to your Saves list
New Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Filellinon Street | Syntagma Square, Athens 10557, Greece (Formerly Olympic Palace Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Book through our website
Ranked #5 of 324 hotels in Athens
SG
“Best way to start my Greek vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed in Athens for 5 nights and I think selecting New Hotel was one of the best decisions ever. The hotel was centrally located near Syntagma metro station and the shopping district. The hotel was well furnished with contemporary interiors, room was clean and inviting. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast were sumptuous.

The "rooftop lounge" - Art Lounge has a nice evening view of Athens.

If you are in Athens, I would highly recommend New Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

661 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Greek first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel is almost comparable to 5 star hotel rooms expect the size is slightly small. The rooms are unique with amazing interiors. The location is perfect, near to all the tourist places in athens. Violeta Pappa at the reception is so much helpful and nice. The hotel is very very good. They booked the taxi for us to pick us from the port. In all ways the hotel is super. Acropolis and shopping streets of kolonaki and ermou street is just 5 min walk.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Great value for money in a great location! Great service. Amazingly cool enviroment with its recycled furniture walls and columns. Recommended over and over. Walking distance of everything to see in centre if Athens.

• Stayed May 2013
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had less than 24 hours to spend in Athens. I chose this hotel based on positive reviews, location and the design. We were two women travelling and safety was a big concern. We felt very safe at the hotel. I have one complaint. We paid 60 euros each way for a private car booked by the hotel to/from the airport. Our car to the hotel from airport was awful. The air conditioner wasn't working and I saw better taxis around. A taxi would cost 45 euro each way. This is minor, but disappointing. The private car we took back to the airport was wonderful, airconditioned, and a very very nice and knowledgable driver. The hotel is really cool. I loved the smell when we walked in. Juniper maybe? The room (Rm. 507 Studio) was very spacious and the bed is two twin beds put together. I was travelling with a friend so this was great. Super comfortable bed! I was so excited to get the "ojo" (evil eye protector) room! I really wanted this one. The bathroom is small, but bigger than some of our other ones in Greece. The door to the bathroom serves as the door to the shower. It's an interesting design. We had free wi-fi. It was very easy to walk from the hotel through Plaka to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. We had limited time, so this was a must. I visited the rooftop bar briefly, and it had a very nice vibe. From one side, you can see the Parthenon. I was too tired to have a drink because our driver was picking us up at 5:45am for our 8:15am flight. At check-out time, the hotel had to-go breakfast bags for us with fruit, juice, water and yogurt I think. So nice! The outside of the hotel is deceptive, it doesn't look like much, but the inside is very modern. Kind of like a W hotel, Palomar or Viceroy - but very very original. Oh, it was also my birthday, and upon arrival, they brought me a birthday pastry with a candle. Very sweet! We enjoyed our brief stay!

Room Tip: Room 507 (Studio) was great! It's the evil eye protector room. Two balconies, view of garden, co...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ok, you might find it over designed - and in ten years it might look quite out of date. But today it is contemporary cool with great service, a very nice breakfast and the best beds we have ever had in a hotel. And the best of all - it is not to expensive. A great place to stay in Athens.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Wonderful location, fantastic service, creative decor! The staff made all the difference at the New Hotel. Everyone went out of their way to make our visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. An excellent choice if you are visiting Athens. (NOTE: we visited in June 2012)

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room - no matter where I go!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was unsure whether to rate this hotel 3 or 4 stars. The hotel is located within walking distance of the Panthenaic stadium, park, shops and restaurants. We also used it as a base for walking to the Acropolis. Staff were friendly at check-in and in the restaurant during breakfasts. The hotel decor is edgy and trendy, if a little strange, and the rooms were clean and well appointed. We happened to stay on a Sunday and the sound of the bells in the morning is not something to be taken lightly, yes its just bells, and I assume only happens on the one day but it is the loudest noise I have repeatedly been woken up to. It is extremely loud. Perhaps find out if there are quieter options available, we stayed in room 401. The noise from the street is also not effectively blocked out by the windows. The toilet/shower door is quite frustrating. It serves as an interchangeable door between the two units, but the door does not seal properly to the toilet. In general, it leaves you with a distinct feeling of a lack of privacy. I would probably stay here again for the service and convenience of the location, and there are good views from the roof, but I would definitely recommend asking a few questions about your rooms location.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to New Hotel? Share your experiences!