“A fantastic design eco friendly hotel in Athens” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Hotel

You added New Hotel to your Saves list
New Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Filellinon Street | Syntagma Square, Athens 10557, Greece (Formerly Olympic Palace Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Book through our website!
Ranked #7 of 326 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Savona, Italy
“A fantastic design eco friendly hotel in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Excellent hotel, beautiful rooms with the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept in, Clarins bath products, room service twice a day, welcoming freshly baked cakes in room, eco friendly, fantastic design, fresh bakery all day and real true authentic Italian coffee and Italian cappuccino, I am Italian so know what I am talking about.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is always a pleasure to receive such kind reviews. Our aim is to make our guests' stay an unforgettable experience and we strongly believe that attention to detail is really very important. Your appreciating comments encourage us to increase our efforts in offering the outmost to our valuable guests.

Kind regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This hotel is one of the best I ever visited, the staff are extremely friendly and helpfull, the hotel itself is a pearl. The rooms are very 'cosy' but at the same time very 'design' wich is a rare combination. Also location is perfect at the beginning of the Plaka and walking distance from moast attractions.
If you're going to Athens do yourself a favour and book a room at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Guest ,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Such rewarding comments motivate us to keep improving. It is our pleasure to accommodate you again in the near future!

Kind Regards
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I haven't stayed at this hotel but what I would like to say that if the front of house staff are representative of the whole hotel, it must be first class. I was caught in the middle of the protests while walking home from a conference one night as there was no transport operating. I turned a corner and was confronted with rock throwing extremists on one side and a squad of riot police with tear gas bombs on the other. The extremists had lit a fire from backed up garbage to block the police. I stepped into this. I was close to the New Hotel and asked them to shelter me. Not only did they open their doors to me, they gave me a drink and rang my partner back at my hotel to reassure him I was okay. Then, when things quietened a little, they provided me with an escort back to my hotel. With such fine service, this hotel deserves to be congratulated.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Getting to know us through such an experience must have been an upsetting for you. Nevertheless it was our duty and pleasure to offer you a secure environment during your need. We hope that in the future we will have the chance to have you with us as a guest and get the chance to extend our hospitality.

dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We had a pleasant one-night stay here. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was great with amazing service in the restaurant. The room was clean. Wifi did not work in the room, but we didn't need it. The shower was large with two showerheads, which was neat, but, sadly, we could only get lukewarm water in both the morning and evening. Other than that, it was a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: For couples, the rooms with two showerheads are neat.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest at New Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our services and kindly note that we have upgraded our wifi system to a high speed mode. Hopefully your next visit to Athens will last longer than one night to have the opportunity to enjoy more of our service.

Kind regards

Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

After a short trip, which was filled with good and bad experiences, to Santorini, we went to Athens, a bit exhausted. We hit the rush-hour traffic, going from the airport to the hotel so I was not in my best mood.
I have to say, the staff at the hotel is very welcoming, friendly and efficient. The rooms are clean and most importantly the Hotel is comfortably located at the Syntagma Square, so basically everything is walking distance.
I do not remember what we paid, but it was relatively cheap. So if you go to Athens, and if you are not aiming for something extremely fancy, the New Hotel is a great pick.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing New Hotel during your recent visit in Athens. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the New Hotel for just two nights and we came away wishing it was much longer.
Upon arrival we felt immediately at home - welcoming and efficient staff, genuinely friendly faces - such a refreshing change.
Free upgrade to studio room with a good view of the Acropolis, nice and quiet and well equipped. Lovely comfortable bed. Very good housekeeping staff - what a welcome change to find the room clean and tidy at all times. Breakfast exceeded all expectations - fresh and wholesome served by lovely friendly staff. Great way to start the day.
Location great too - just far enough from from Syntagma square and close to the Plaka and high end shops too.
Would we go back - Certainly and would recommend this great little hotel to anyone.
A big "Thank you" to all the staff there for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Upper floors seem to be the best.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

It is always our pleasure to receive such reviews and know that you had an excellent stay with us!
We will be happy to accommodate you again in the future!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

The day before we were due to leave Kefalonia to fly into Athens, we were advised that there would be a general taxi strike in full swing as we landed at Athens airport which would make it a bit of a nightmare to get into the city.....With this in mind, and considering the flight landed at 10pm we thought we would play safe, book the Sofitel in the airport for the first night and then arrange a private transfer to the New Hotel the next morning to allow us to stay from 28-30 Sept. We spoke to Zach who very nicely explained the different types and themes of rooms and suggested which would be best to accommodate myself, my wife and our 8 year old daughter. However, when we arrived at Athen at 10pm at night, we were suprised to see taxis everywhere and were advised that the taxi strike began in a few hours at 3am and would last 24 or 48 hours!? Having checked with Sofitel, we were advised that there would be no charge to cancel the night at the airport hotel if we could find accommodation in Athens city and get a taxi quick.....A quick call to Zach in the New Hotel and he had everything under control for us to check-in one night early..."No problem" for us to come a night early, despite the fact they had no room ready with a roll-out bed and al the house-keeping staff had left for the day....in Zach's words, 'Just leave it to me and get a taxi quick!?'
On arrival, we were met with several very cheerful guys waiting for us and seeing that my daughter was by this time collapsing, Zach told us to get her straight up to the bedroom they had organised for us and then we could sort out the check-in details....Everything was completely under control and the service was impeccable....The room and hotel in general was also gorgeous. Just what we needed..We even had a great view of the Parthenon. The next day (still a taxi strike going on) I was informed by my office I would need to travel to China the day I got back to Australia from my holidays in Greece.....and oh yes...'A small issue of needing a chinese visa!?')..Not a problem for the staff at New Hotel. Before I had had chance to even finish my breakfast (and the breakfast was voted by my family as the best one they had during the entire month away in Greece and Istanbul) the lady at reception had a) found out where the embassy was, b) advised it imposible to get there on foot or by bus c) organised for a private driver associated with the hotel to take me, wait for me and bring me back to the hotel at a very reasonable price.....Nothing phased these guys and nothing was to much effort for them. They were fantastic and it is some of the best service and attention to detail I have ever experienced in a hotel, let alone a hotel that is situated 5 minutes from the Plaka, 5 minutes from syntagma, beautiful, modern, exquisitely designed and with a breakfast and coffee to die for. Would I recommend it? You bet...Would I return....Already planning it!? Thanks guys. Without you, the taxi strike would have seriously impacted on our holiday. Your service was well and truly magnificent. Well done.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing New Hotel during your last visit in Athens, as well as your kind words.
Our aim is to offer comfort and hospitality to all our guests and make New a “home-away-from-home” experience.
Receiving such kind comments as yours encourages us to offer our outmost and increase our efforts.
Once more thank you very much for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you at New Hotel on your next visit in Athens.

Hotel Manager

Been to New Hotel? Share your experiences!