“Worth the visit!” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hammam baths has to be on your list of ‘must do’s’ when in Athens since it’s the only authentic hammam in the city. Hammam baths offers you the ultimate relaxing experience through a blissful full body scrub during the bath and a glorious massage on warm marbles. You will feel your skin so soft and refreshed as never before. The building combines traditional architecture with modern minimal interiors.Our prices welcome you to visit again and again! Enjoy your day in the historical part of the city and treat your self to a traditional hammam bath! Booking is required so call us and we will be happy to assist you!
3 attraction reviews
“Worth the visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We followed the advice of so many others and booked this for our last day in Athens. It was a exactly as everyone had described. The baths were lovely, the staff attentive, and a fantastic scrub/massage. I was not use to the heat, so it was a bit overwhelming at times. Be prepared to sweat! Also-- DO NOT EAT within 4 hours of the visit. You'll thank me. :)

Visited October 2013

• Greek first
5 attraction reviews
“Great Accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had read about the Hammam prior to my trip to Athens and I decided on concluding our trip with a relaxing day here. Reviews are spot on. At first they were almost fully booked and could not schedule us for a couple's Ali Mama Hammam. We went ahead anyway and they sought to squeeze us in. While we were in the steam room, they had informed us that they could take us together and it was absolutely delightful. My boyfriend usually complains about having a male masseur since he prefers less pressure but the masseur was skilled and did not inflict any pain! The cold marble table is refreshing and we left with our skin feeling nice and supple. The only ungraceful part of it all was walking around with those wooden clogs.

Visited August 2013
Santa Barbara, California
4 attraction reviews
“This is a Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was fantastic after a three week trip to Turkey and Greece. I just walked in without a reservation, and did the Ali Mama Hammam. I was told that I would need a reservation to add on any other services, but the Ali Mama felt like a complete experience without any additional massage. The entire experience was fantastic! First, thirty minutes in the steam bath where I sat on warm marble, and poured warm/hot water over myself with a metal bowl, then I was called in for my massage on a marble table. I was scrubbed on both sides, followed by a massage with olive oil soap foam which was the perfect pressure for me (she checked), and finally a head massage and hair wash with cinnamon/clove smelling shampoo. Afterwards, I relaxed in a beautiful lounge, and enjoyed tea, water, pomegranate juice, and Turkish delight. I felt so relaxed, rejuvenated, and squeaky clean! Very worth the 45 euros! (I was so tempted to go back the next day) I l also loved the body milk and day cream available to put on before I got dressed. I brought my own bathing suit and flip flops, so did not experience the wooden clogs mentioned by others. If this remotely appeals to you, go for it! Fabulous!

Visited October 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Great escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I tried the hammam on my last day in Athens. It is great way to relax my muscle after days of walking. It is a complete new spa style that I never experienced before. First you stayed inside the steam room for about half an hour. The warm marble chair can relax your muscles. You also splash cold water to yourself for bathing. I enjoyed the body scrub and the massage. Make sure you are ok to stay inside high temperature steam room. Also, bring a swimming suit with you to the spa.

Dublin, Ireland
8 attraction reviews
“Great way to get clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I've been to Turkish baths before and the best was in Damascus but this is a godd westernised version. Polite and cuteous staff and a really good scrub down from an excellent masseur. Its not a gentle massage it is a cleaning ritual that scrubs you top to toe. Great and I look forward to going again.

Visited September 2013