I stayed at St. Geroge Lycabettus one week in September together with family members.
Yes, the spot is great but the hotel is far from a luxury hotel.
The rooms were ok but small, and the wardrobe was so tight that the hangers fell down all the time when i hanged my clothes there. Two of the hangers were broken and my family had to ask for more since there were so few of them.
When we borrowed the ironing board and iron, hey phoned to get it back because there were other rooms who needed it. This happend several times. The iron was also so old that is wasn't a steam iron. This might not be a big thing but in a "luxury" hotel you expect things to be of good quality.
When i asked why they didn't buy more (becaise they said they had so few irons) or just put one iron in each room, the excuse was that there could be accidents.
It's strange that other luxury hotels hotels i've been at do manage to have both iron/ironboard in every room.
They also have different pool opening hours in the morning and when i asked the reception why they said they didn't actually know. What kind of answer is that.
In the breakfast i overheard one of the waiters commenting on the guests. (I do understand greek since some of my family is Greek. )This also happened in the reception area. This is very professional and also says something about the attitude of the staff.
The hospitality of the staff was in general pour, they did their job but the most friendly ones was the cleaners who were very sweet.
When i came back home i thought i had forgotten something in the room so i asked my family member in Athens to call them. They said they would check it and call her back the next morning. They didn't call her back so she had to call them again in the afternoon.
My point here is that you should call someone back when one has promised it.
When you stay in a 5 star hotel you could expect a lot more than this!
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Lycabettus Hotel Athens
- Saint George Lycabettus Hotel
- Saint George Lycabettus Athens
- Hotel Saint George Lycabettus
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Saint George Lycabettus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.