“Oasis in Athens” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Oasis in Athens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Located at the eastern end of the centre of Athens, it is very central and within walking distance of most of the sights of the ancient city.
The executive floor option is worth considering. As well as a good breakfast, there are snacks and soft drinks available through the day, and a happy hour with some alcohol between 5-7pm.
You can also use the sports facilities, including 2 pools, a gym and the hottest sauna I have ever been in. There is also a Hammam( steam room).
The only let down is that wireless is not free with the executive floor and only available freely in the lobby and common areas.
The bar on the 13th floor is rightly famous; great views across athens to the acropolis and a very long balcony to while away the evening with a selection of cocktails ( be brave and try those with Ouzo !!!)

Room Tip: Choose the Executive package
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Sir/Madame,

Many thanks for being our guest during your recent visit to the city of Athens.

It is very rewarding to know that your expectations were met and we had the opportunity to contribute to a truly enjoyable stay. Your input about the Executive floor service and amenities has been shared with my team.

We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Hilton Athens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warrington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here on business. The main feature of the stay was the fiasco with the hotel's IT system, which meant that check-in wasn't working properly and so it wasn't possible to issue a room key. This meant that for every time I wanted to go to my room, I had to find the porter, who would escort me and open the door. The system eventually rebooted sometime in the night, making my TV come on by itself and wake me up - great!

The hotel itself had a big refurbishment a few years ago. So has a modern style but is getting a bit tatty around the edges. The rooms are OK and pretty clean, although I did share my shower with a big cockroach. Beds are comfortable and views are good.

Breakfast is decent quality.

As many have said, WIFI is outrageously expensive and very unreliable. For a hotel of this quality, this has to be improved.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Athens on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important to us, has been noted and shared with the team.

Regarding the difficulties experienced with our IT system during your visit, please accept our sincere apologies. Although we had no intention to disturb our guests' stay, however a sudden system failure caused all that inconvenience. Once again, we are sorry.

Hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back in future.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

When I travel, I'm usually out for 4-5 weeks, so it helps when I can manage at least one free stay. On a recent trip I spent four nights at this hotel. Using HiltonHonors AXON points I was able to have a free stay that included an upgrade to an Executive Level room. The breakfasts were filling and the cocktail hour provided the opportunity to sit on the balcony and graze while looking at the Acropolis. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was modernized. I rarely eat at a hotel restaurant, but did so on the first day while I was waiting on the arrival of a friend. The meal I selected was twice the price of the exact same meal in a Hilton property in IST, so I was a bit surprised. But so it goes. The women in the Business Center were extremely helpful and kind when I needed to print an eticket to an event that I booked at the last minute. I cannot thank them enough for their patience with me. I also was very impressed with the kindness of the staff at the Exec. Level reception. They worked with me as I struggled with trying to speak Greek! Getting to the hotel is a breeze. Normally I take a taxi from an airport, but this time I bravely decided to try the X95 bus from the airport. It was only 5 Euros, was fast and dropped me off very close to the hotel. When I wanted to go into the city, the metro was just across the street. I'm pleased that I chose to stay at the Hilton. I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Athens.

It is very rewarding to know that your expectations were met in terms of comfort and quality of service and that we had the opportunity to contribute to a truly enjoyable stay. Your positive input about our Business Centre and Executive level reception colleagues has been appreciated and communicated to them.

Once again, many thanks for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

the heartland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was our second trip to the Athens Hilton. We returned with our children and as a HHonors Diamond member on an award reservation we were given two connecting rooms on the Executive level (non-Parthenon view). The room was clean and well serviced, the indoor and outdoor pool areas very nice and an enjoyable spot to use in our off touring times, and the executive lounge offered a good breakfast and evening appetizers. The location was convenient as well- on the express bus route to/from the airport, near the metro, and just a short ten minute walk to Syntagma Square

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madame,

Many thanks for being our guests during your trip to Athens in May of 2013.

We noted with pleasure that you and the family had an enjoyable stay here and you were in particular satisfied with your room, the various services provided, the location. Your positive feedback has been shared with my team!

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Athens. Do look forward to welcoming you back in the not distant future and extend once again the warm Greek hospitality standards.

Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have stayed at Hilton Athens on a special occasion. We really enjoyed the excellent room, with stunning view of the Acropolis, the friendly service, the pool and the spa. The only irritating moment during our stay was when we dined at the Galaxy Restaurant. There was a problem with our reservation and the person in charge was rude and snobby. We actually had to find our own table... The waiter, on the other hand, was very polite and helpful. Overall, it has been a memorable stay.

Room Tip: The rooms with view to the Acropolis are awsome
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor about your visit here in June.

We are happy to read that you had a really memorable stay and enjoyed every aspect of this, the friendly service, your room, the magnificent Acropolis view.

Regarding what you experienced while visiting the Galaxy restaurant, please accept my apologies. Necessary corrective action will be taken in order to prevent something similar from recurring.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

MARQUETTE, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this lovely hotel for 2 nights, Sept. 30-Oct.2, at the end of a fantastic trip to Santorini, Mykonos, and Athens. We were upgraded to the Executive Level, and we had a beautiful room with a fantastic view of the Acropolis. We enjoyed a private check-in, and the staff was very attentive and friendly. The Executive Lounge was very nice, and we were able to take advantage of both the breakfast buffet, which had a delicious assortment of breakfast offerings, both hot and cold, and the evening reception, which included .hot and cold appetizers, and beer and wine. We celebrated my 50th birthday while we were guests, and I was surprised by a beautiful cake delivered to our room! We also were able to enjoy a thunder and lightening storm in the early hours of Oct. 1st, which lit up the sky over the Acropolis! The hotel was clean, modern, and the amenities were top notch. We walked to Syntagma Square, Plaka, and the Acropolis. All tourist sights were within reasonable walking distance. The lobby was spacious and there was always plenty of space available to sit and take advantage of the free wi-fi. We also enjoyed a cocktail on the terrace of the Galaxy Bar, where we had a fantastic view of the Acropolis and Mt. Lycabettus! Thank you, Hiton Athens, for making my 50th birthday unforgettable!!!

Room Tip: Executive Level with Acropolis view!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madame,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Athens!

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and the feedback we receive from our guests is greatly valued. It is very rewarding to know that all your expectations were met and we had the opportunity to contribute to a memorable stay, moreover for making your 50th birthday an unforgettable occasion.

Your positive input has been truly appreciated by my team and we all do thank you for this.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I got a cheap deal at the Hilton in August - had a lovely week in a beautiful room, fantastic breakfasts and generally excellent service.
A bit of a long walk into the CBD on a hot day, but if you enjoy walking quite feasible to stroll along to the Parthenon or the city centre. Also a number of museums relatively close by. Hotel restaurants rather overpriced as per usual, but you'll get major value out of the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Athens for your stay here in August.

We noted with pleasure that you were satisfied with your visit, the food and beverage choices, mainly with the breakfast buffet and the high quality service provided. Your positive feedback has been shared with my team.

Do look forward to welcoming you back and extend once again the warm and well known Greek hospitality standards.

With kind regards,

Hilton Athens

Been to Hilton Athens? Share your experiences!