“Free coffee service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Plaka Hotel

Save Saved
You added Plaka Hotel to your Saves list
Plaka Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7, Kapnikareas & Mitropoleos Street | Plaka/Syntagma, Athens 10556, Greece   |
Announcement
FREE WI-FI AND WINE !
Ranked #10 of 325 Hotels in Athens
千葉県
“Free coffee service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel is in the center of Plaka and it was easy for sightseeing. It is within 10 min. walk from X95 airport bus stop.

Guests can get coffee and cookies in cafeteria at any time till 17:30. I did not need to go to cafe because I went to sightseeing and I came back for coffee break.

I had to leave hotel at 5:00 early morning. The hotel opened cafeteria and I could get coffee and bread as break fast.

I was assigned to the room on 2nd floor from where I could not see Acropolis.
That's understandable because I reserved the hotel through hotel reservation site with very big discount.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dorina S, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments on our property.
As our main goal is to offer to our guests high quality facilities and services, it is great to read that you were satisfied with your stay.
We hope that if you decide to come we will be able to offer you a room with a view.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a room with a view of the Acropolis, which was very nice. The room itself was clean and functional, but the bathroom was a little narrow. The folks at the front desk were very helpful and the breakfast was pretty good. We spent only two nights in Athens, primarily visiting the Acropolis and the related museum, so the location worked out great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you were satisfied with the service you received from our staff, and the location of the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your room with a view.
Satisfaction of our guests is our primary concern and we are very glad when we achieve a positive result.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here three nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, booking tours and giving directions. Location is excellent - just a few minutes walk to restaurants, markets and the main shopping strip. Room was standard - clean with nice amenities and a great view of the Acropolis but a little over heated for my liking. Breakfast was nice with a variety of western and greek food in comfortable and pleasant surroundings. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it as a comfy and easy place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Your picture from our breakfast was the best we' ve received up to now!
It is with great pleasure and satisfaction that we read your comments following your recent stay in our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, which will be helpful to future clients.
We certainly hope you will be able to stay with us once more on future visits to Athens.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed at Plaka Hotel from January 4th - 7th 2013. Wow, where do I begin? This hotel was perfect from start to finish. The location is perfect for getting around to all the sights of Athens. I researched the hotel on Trip Advisor before I came and I wondered how there were barely any bad reviews. Well, I was shown at the hotel! The staff are so nice and eager to help their guests in any way possible. It's a small hotel, therefore it is intimate and the staff really get to know you by face. We booked a triple room which included three single beds, in which were more than comfortable. Wonderful pillows and lush bedding was a big plus. I don't think I've ever seen a hotel so clean! It was soo clean and nice and pleasant. I could go on all day saying how much we loved it. The bathroom was nice and modern. The room, as it was a triple was on the smaller side, but definitely functional. Now let's talk about the breakfast. WOW! Amazing amazing yummy yummy breakfast. Delicious REAL orange juice served, along with a coffee machine making all types of fancy hot drinks. A delicious selection of cheeses and vegetables, including absolutely wonderful feta cheese, which is a must when in Greece. Of course, there was good and yummy eggs and sausage as well. I was so impressed with the attention to detail over all especially with the breakfast. Everything that is intended to be hot was very hot, and everything that was intended to be cold was ensured to be cold - Usually on ice. I say this because for a 3* breakfast I found it to be above and beyond excellent. Without a doubt the best breakfast in a hotel I've ever had - And I've stayed in some of the best. There was PLENTY more food than what I've mentioned above as well. A very nice touch is that hot drinks and fruit and cookies were served until about 5 PM every day, complimentary. A very nice touch! I don't know what else to honestly say about this place - I am generally extremely EXTREMELY picky and quite the snob when it comes to hotels - Plaka Hotel exceeded my expectations and I hope to return to Greece soon just so I can return to this gem of a hotel. Thank you to all the staff who work so hard to keep this hotel the amazing place that is it. You are doing an incredible job! Keep it up, because you are more than worthy of your impeccable score here on Trip Advisor! MY TIP: Try the oranges they serve during breakfast and throughout the day! I've been many places in the world - These are the most delicious oranges I've ever tasted in my life!

Room Tip: Ask to get a view of the Acropolis OR A Balcony!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We're delighted to read your comments and thank you for sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor. Comments such as these are a tremendous motivation for us all to continue offering the standards of service to our guests. Thank you as well for taking the time to submit nice photos. Really hope you will come back one day.

Best regards from all of us.
Gloucester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Loved everything about this hotel. The staff were all helpful and friendly, the room was clean, the beds were very comfortable and we had a fabulous view of the Acropolis. It's in an ideal location near most of the historical sites and there are loads of shops, bars and restaurants nearby and the metro so it's easy to get around Athens.
The roof terrace has a view of the Acropolis and they don't mind you taking drinks up there when the bar is closed.
The breakfast has a good variety of food. The greek yoghurt with honey is the best!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a room with the view of the Acropolis. It's well worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorina S, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

We're delighted to read your comments and thank you for sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor. Comments such as these are a tremendous motivation for us all to continue offering the standards of service to our guests. Thank you.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was here for one week and if I didn't have to leave for my job I was going to try to extend my stay. The location can't be beat whether it's for attractions in the Acropolis or going to bars at night. It's close to Psyrri which in my opinion is an underrated nightlife spot. The breakfast was excellent, the rooms are cleaned daily, and the reception is friendly and informative. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive such kind reviews. Our aim is to make our guests’ stay an unforgettable experience and your appreciating comments encourage us to increase our efforts in offering the outmost to our valuable guests.
We look very forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We always stay here as a family when passing through Athens each year - we take adjoining rooms so our young daughters get their own bedroom. The location is wonderful. There is a roof terrace with views over Athens, the acropolis is around the corner (and up the hill...). The breakfast is described as "American" - well, it was full of Americans the first time we stayed there, and they were all eating an excellent range of Greek style food - yoghurt to die for with honey is my favourite. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Very highly recommended.

Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,
It is really great to see repeated clients still be very satisfied.
We thank you for recommending us and for your high score.
Look forward to your next visit.
Happy New Year and best regards

Been to Plaka Hotel? Share your experiences!