“Yiannis Private Athens Taxi Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 221 Activities in Athens
4.5 of 5 stars 78 Reviews
More attraction details
Owner description: Greece Athens tours organizes private tours offering a wide variety of tours in Athens and mainland of Greece such as Delphi, Corinth, Argolis, Olympia, etc. Athens sightseeing tour includes Acropolis museum, pick up and drop off from Port, Airport or hotel. Our guides will share their knowledge in history and show you the Greek hospitality. We invite you to explore Athens and Greece, the birthplace of civilization and culture with us.
New Braunfels, Texas
“Yiannis Private Athens Taxi Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We got off a cruise ship in Piraeus and had decided to walk to the Metro. However, after walking quite a ways, we flagged down a taxi.

That is where our "Athens in a Day" tour got kicked off. Yiannis was going to take us to the Acropolis for approximately 20 euros, but then he offered to take us to all the sites in Athens.

Here is how it worked:

Dropped us at the Acropolis...we visited the Acropolis and the Museum and met him where he dropped us off 3 hours later.

At that time we were hungry and asked Yiannis to take us to the Placa to get a bite to eat. He persuaded us to try a place outside the tourist area and that was the best decision we made all day. The place he took us was for locals, had incredible quality and quantity of food, and very reasonable. Also the owner could not be more courteous and was willing to do anything for us. Later we went to the Placa for a drink and they were sooooo rude over there.

Then Yiannis took us to the Temple of Zeus, the Stadium, the Parliament, The University and finally a church up on the mountaintop overlooking Athens.

Then returned us to our ship.

I promised Yiannis I wouldln't put the price he charged us in the review.....but it was a definite bargain.

If you are in Athens for a day, please give him a call, or arrange for him to work for you by email. What you will save in food costs alone will pay for his services for the day.

Contact Yiannis by email at Yiannis864@gmail.com or phone 6932209224

Valley Forge, PA
14 attraction reviews
“Gate1 had a terrific guide.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The half day tour which actually lasted five hours included a drive around to major sites, then a visit to the Panathenic Stadium for a while, and then a climb up the Acropolis to the Parthenon and Temple of Athena Nike, and other temples, followed by a complete tour of the new Acropolis Museum. Matina from Gate1 was a terrific guide during the entire day.

3 attraction reviews
“Private Tour to Delphi was well worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were struggling with how to travel to Delphi - a favorite destination for my 10-year-old daughter. Although I spent a wonderful three months in the 1990's backpacking around and taking public buses in Europe, having my daughter along this time made me think I wanted it to be more of a sure thing. I also did not want her worn out before we even got to the site since it is a big climb to the top.

I looked into the big tour companies - GO, Key etc and I just couldn't handle the thought of taking one of those huge buses.

We ended up going with Greece Athens Day Tours after seeing reviews online. Their website is
here: http://greeceathenstours.odysseygreektravel.gr/greece/

It was a big splurge for us (300 euros total for all three people for the day: 7 am to 5:30 PM) but it was totally worth it. We were picked up by our driver, Spiros at 7 am in the morning. He was right on time. He arrived in a yellow Mercedes-Benz - a beautiful car that was well-maintained. He drove us to Delphi, stopped when my daughter needed to use the restroom, took us on to Delphi and then waited for us outside the museum. When we were done at the site and the museum he drove us into town. I explained that I did not want to eat at a place where there were huge tour groups eating. He drove to a restaurant with a beautiful view and excellent food, negotiated a table with the owners and waited while we had lunch. He then drove us to the monastery, Housias Loukas, which is absolutely beautiful!!!

I have to say the morning Spiros picked us up, I was a bit worried about what I had arranged. I chose the company based on trip advisor reviews and was not sure what that meant about the honesty of the company. What I can say is that my fears were totally unfounded. Spiros was an absolute gentleman. He was kind to my daughter and thoughtful. He taught her a few greek words and was really a great guy all around. He charged us exactly what he said he would charge and did not change anything that we prearranged. He only added extras like giving my daughter a book and stopping for extra photos and to see an olive tree up close.

I can't say enough about how wonderful his services were. If we had the money, I would have hired him everyday to take us to the sites that we wanted to see. For us this kind of tour was a splurge but it was worth it.

I highly recommend Spiros.

Paris, France
20 attraction reviews
“Well recommended - Athens day tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I really enjoyed this tour company. Evi the tour guide was amazing - she spoke in English and then French with such ease and I understood everything. It was really great to hear her as she has a background in Philology (art, history , philosophy) so it was not like a standard tour - I really learned a lot. The bus driver was great too. Well recommended for the Athens 1/2 day tour. Recommend the morning one. Noticed that the museum and attractions were busier and more crowded towards the afternoon.

Athens, Greece
3 attraction reviews
“Day Tour to Delphi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We went to Delphi guided by Effie and it was worth every penny. On the way she told us about the history of Delphi, why it became so important, and some of the associated mythology. I wish I had taken notes! Do you know, for example, why that spot was chosen? Well, you'll find out on this trip. Then at Delphi itself, she guided us in and up creating for us a mental picture of how it looked in its heyday and what the different buildings were for. We learned quite a bit about Greek politics of the time. We had some free time to go all the way up to the upper stadium if we wished. My companion wasn't able to so we went part way up.

Then we went into the museum where she guided us to different exhibits explaining their importance and pointing out details we otherwise probably would not have noticed. The lunch was a pleasant stop, but nothing exceptional. Our last stop in the small town at Arachova gave a "shopping opportunity" where actually my friend and I bought several t-shirts at a price better than any we had found in Athens itself.

One other detail, she repeated all her information in English and Russian. I thought it was going to be kind of a pain, but she tried always to point us to the next thing while she was explaining to the other part of the group. All in all, both of us would certainly recommend both Effie and this tour.

Visited March 2014