“A true Greek hospitality with lot's of smile!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smile Cafe Restaurant

Smile Cafe Restaurant
24 Syngrou Avenue | Tsokri Park 1 - Makrigianni area, Athens 11742, Greece (Thissio / Makriyanni)
+30.210-921-8911
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 2,262 Restaurants in Athens
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Moscow, Russia
“A true Greek hospitality with lot's of smile!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Actualy I planed to make this rewiev in the restaurant, using their fast and free wifi, but my belly was so full, had nothing useful to say. :) I had a lot's of gyros type food all over the world, but have to say this place has the one of the best. the portions are huge, the price is very affordabe, and the service is great, the only thing is we were waiting a bit too long for the bill, but their friendiness made me to forgot this. our waiter (unfortunately I don't know her name) was a goot tour guide as well, she gave me one of their free map, and showed me what to see in the city. if You are in Athen, it is a must to try their food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
“Just a short break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Ordered the Donan and the Pork gyros. Both were amazing! As was the espresso. Free wifi a major plus. Cheap fare, a "MUST" stop place.

Australia
“Better than most”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went to Smile three times in our five day stay over Easter at the Hera Hotel around the corner. Lots of Athens restaurants serve the same type of food but the Greek salad at Smile is better than most, the souvlaki is huge and delicious, and the lamb chops ... yum. It's family run, and Connie, Zoe and Tom made us feel so welcome. Connie even dragged me outside to watch the Holy Light being driven past on its way to the church in the Plaka for Easter services. We missed the tasty food on our next adventure - a cruise ship. Thanks girls and guys.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sandhurst
“My Son's first Gyro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just returned from a whistle stop visit to Athens with my 12 year old son (fussy eater). If he had his way, we would have eaten at Smile for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The place deserves it's excellent reputation. The family who run the business are super friendly and take great pride in what they do and what they serve their customers. When we return with the rest of the family this excellent value restaurant will be our first port of culinary call.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Launceston, Australia
“We ate here becase of Trip Advisor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Small, friendly place. No atmosphere but fabulous food and very friendly staff. We had Pastitia a dish baked in casserole, wish I had had more . This was the best food I had in Athens. The lady who was our server was very nice.

Visited May 2014