“A nice discovery” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wallow in hot springs or enjoy a therapeutic volcanic bath in this large lake.
Varkiza
“A nice discovery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We walked to the lake from the next village (Varkiza) and it was a great discovery. We loved the change from the beach and the little fishes who comes to see you in their hundreds but beware they are very tickly.
It cost a few euros to get in and has a taverna which is fairly expensive.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen
9 attraction reviews
“Amazing place close by Athens, Glyfada, Voula: Don't miss the Lake Vouliagmeni”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Our family consisting of 2 adults and 3 children spent an amazingly pleasant afternoon at the Lake Vouliagmeni - a short drive from where we stayed in Glyfada.

The Lake Vouliagmeni is truly an amazing place. The beauty of the surroundings, the clean and healing water of the lake and the great service of the staff was just perfect.

I can still recall the beautiful scenery - starting from the drive into the premises of the Lake. No matter where you are at the Lake, your senses are in for a real treat. The beauty, the serenity, the feeling of wellness and calmness is impossible to describe. You have to experience it.

Moreover, I had a chance to talk to Nicolas - the General Manager of Lake Vouliagmeni. It is clear that he is a man who understands how to create a special place, which all types of visitors will enjoy.

The food at the restaurant was reasonable in price, but portions were big. We especially liked the fingerfood.

No doubt that we will come back to Lake Vouliagmeni when we return to Greece. And so should you.

Baltimore
28 attraction reviews
“Very different experience than swimming at the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is one of a kind place. The lake is very shallow and warm and there are very nice facilities all around it. It is very relaxing place and very scenic.

Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
27 attraction reviews
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hint: If you are taking the bus E22, get off at stop ΛΙΜΝΗ and cross the street toward the white flags.

We went in the afternoon on a weekday in October and there weren't very many people. We were able to get a table with an umbrella which gave a perfect amount of shade and it was away from the crowd toward the middle of the lake. The lake is nice and clean, with some pretty flowers along the path to the ticket booth. Tickets were 8 euros for tourists/5 euros for locals.

The water wasn't as warm as we thought it would be, and I would expect it would be quite chilly if the sun wasn't out in full force. The water is also a little more salty that we expected. You are not allowed to use sunblock or sunscreen which is not good for people like us who are not used to a lot of sun and burn easily. My husband ended up spending most of the time on the shore in the shade. I really enjoyed the water and always felt safe. There are neat caves surrounding the lake. Although it was kind of annoying that several people kept going outside the roped off area to further explore the caves and the lifeguard had to keep yelling to get them to come back in because of the dangers of rockslides. Otherwise, it was a very relaxing and peaceful place where everyone pretty much kept to themselves.

At first, the doctor fish were too much. It was like intense tickling. They mostly stay near the edge of the water, so when you are swimming around, they are not near you for the most part. After watching many other people letting the fish surround them on the steps into the lake, I got more brave and finally was able to sit there for minutes at a time without shooing them away. But it is fairly easy to get them to leave you alone. They don't like movement and will swim away if you kick your feet. Also, I found the fish at the very last set of steps to be smaller and easier to get used to at the beginning. The bigger fish are deeper in the water (and near the more crowded sets of stairs) and the sensation from those fish is much stronger.

Besides not being able to wear sunblock, the only other major drawback was the service from restaurant. There was a menu on our table and we saw the waiters taking orders, but they never came by our table at all. Finally, I just went to the bussing station to grab some water, but saw there was a worm in the water pitcher. I couldn't see anywhere where you could go up to a counter and order, unless it was outside the gate where you scan your ticket to enter. Also, we never saw a dressing room or shower, so we just headed home.

Kapolei, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
“Relaxing day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I loved the lake and the little fish worked on my feet and all over my body. I just didn't know how to stick my face into the water. I had the club sandwich which was huge and delicious. Sure it was 10 euros but it was worth it. Nice place, great waiters, clean bathrooms and changing rooms. I nice rest in between touring Athens. I recommend it to all.

Visited September 2013