“First bike ride with friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Athens By Bike

Athens By Bike
Tziraion 16 | Makrigianni, Athens 11742, Greece (Thissio / Makriyanni)
+30 21 0675 2886
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 173 Tours & Activities in Athens
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The fastest easiest and safest way to navigate many places in Athens that you can't in any other way. You can either choose one of our escorted rides or just rent a bicycle and explore our amazing city on your own.Athens is transforming into a bike friendly city. In the center of the city around the Akropolis a huge archaeological park has been built with many paths and pedestrian streets. With a bike, you can relax, enjoy and explore the backstreets of Athens. Using a bike you'll able to reach locations that you can't in other ways and time consuming if you do it on foot. Many more interesting sights can be visited, giving you more time to admire and take pictures of important ancient monuments that are found around Akropolis.
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“First bike ride with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Service was professional, fun, educational & filled with culture. If you've never thought of a bike ride, then try something new and exciting...Whether your with friends or the family...I promise.....You will enjoy it!

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bamberg, Bayern, Germany
“A must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Manos was an outstanding guide and this was an excellent way to see the city. I traveled in a group of seven for 3 1/2 days. We did the AMAP (as much as possible) tour and I highly recommend it. Just make sure you email Manos ahead of time. We walked to the store, but discovered it was only open by appointment. You can call or email to set up a date and time.

sleaford
16 attraction reviews
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We spent a wonderful few hours exploring Athens by bike, when we visited Athens as part of our P and O cruise. We docked at Piraeus, which is just a walk and a tube ride from the centre of Athens. Manos sent us details of how to find his store and arranged for us to have suitable bikes for our ride around some of the best sites. The trip lasted only a few hours was reasonably priced, was not too challenging and was wonderfully informative. Manos is a great guide, was entertaining and informative..............he even left us to explore the Acropolis and then came back to bring us some water as it was pretty hot even in November. Great Service and a wonderful way to hear about Athens from an Athenian.

Mission Viejo, California
“Personal Service from Manos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I found Athens By Bike on Trip Advisor and made a reservation online about a month before my wife and I arrived on a cruise ship at Athens. Manos replied by email within a day with a personal confirmation of our reservation. On the day of our arrival we had to travel by metro to his shop from the cruise port and got there about 5 minutes late. No problem for Manos as he was there waiting for us. Our tour was scheduled for two hours around central Athens and the Acropolis. I expected a group tour but it was just me, my wife, and Manos as our guide. He was great giving us historical commentary on the sites along the way. It was hot (>100F) that day and Manos even bought us bottles of cold water at a rest stop. I can't say enough good things about the service of Manos and Athens By Bike. I highly recommend them. A great value, great service, and Manos was very personable.

Visited August 2012
Ennis Co. Clare
5 attraction reviews
“Great way to see Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a brilliant way to see Athens. I only had half a day to explore the city and the bike tour was the best option. This tour gives a great overview of the history of Athens. In respond to my initial request Manos promptly helped me organize my tour. He kept in contact via mobile with confirmation and updates in relation to the tour time. Chris my guide was very informative and after a couple stops I felt I had known him for years.

Great tour.