“Quiet & Lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Quiet & Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Have been there several times with my husband and loved it every time.
It was hidden so you really had to look for it when we first found it but now in winter it's lit up and all the more inviting.
The food is well priced for the quality and quantity. There was a wide variety and I think everyone could find something for all tastes here. The service was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. Overall it was a great experience each time we've been there, and we will be going there again soon!

• Greek first
Athens, Greece
“A Feline Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was on my way to the Vet's with my cat when I first noticed this little restaurant tucked away in the basement of an apartment building in a back street of Kolonaki. Over the next few weeks, whenever I went to the vet's I looked at this restaurant. It was closed yet didn't seem neglected and I kept forgetting the name - I was intrigued. So last Saturday my husband and I went past there in the afternoon, and finding it open, booked a table for that evening.
The restaurant was warm and cosy with wooden panelling and stained glass windows. There was a bar with seats on one side and tables with white linen tablecloths and napkins on the other. When we arrived at 9.00pm we were the only people there and we were a little nervous. We needn't have worried. The owner recited the specials of the day in great detail, in addition to the dishes in the menu. I started with stuffed giant mushrooms, which I knew were very fresh having seen them in the street market for the first time the previous day. My husband started with French Onion Soup. Both were delicious and were very generous portions. For our main course, I had the Steak Au Poivre and my husband had the Wild Boar Casserole. My fillet steak was cooked perfectly and my husband's casserole was glossy and tender. We had a delicious house wine - recommended by the waiter/owner/chef which complimented our dishes perfectly. Unfortunately we were too full to have a dessert but made a mental note not to have starters next time! Our bill was very reasonable considering the quality of the cooking, and much better value than many other Greek restaurants in the area where the quality of the cooking - especially the main courses - was not at all of the same standard and wher we haed paid almost the same amount. When we left at 11.00pm the restaurant had filled up with a party of 4 just arriving. We had had an excellent evening, the service was
impeccable and friendly and the atmosphere was lovely - a real find and definitely a restaurant to be re-visited.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Athens, Greece
“great food and kind & nice service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

i had a great meal ( wonderful french cuisine with a touch of greek temperament ) & the owner is a wounderful guy

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Athens, Attiki, Greece
“Excellent, Time and Time Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I live across the street from this Athens gem and have to agree with all the other reviewers that this spot is indeed Excellent. I have visited many times for a quite romantic dinner of two or large groups of 12 VIP visitors from Washington for a lively meal. Everytime the quality of food, wine, and service is outstanding. We love the owner/chef, and he makes every guest feel like a valued member of the family. The menu is simple but has many options for everyone and he really like special requests from guests as well. I have sent many people here over the past year and all rave and rave. Visit and you will understand why we love this place so much! Enjoy! Also, note due to the crisis he has also lowered his prices! It was a great value then and even a better value now, without lowering the quality of ANYTHING.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Athens
“Cozy, aristocratic, unpretentious, classical french cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Well hidden, unpretentious, underestimated, family atmosphere, in an old athenian basement. My father's aunt used to live in this exact space before it was bought and became a restaurant and he assures me the vitreaux are left unchanged. The décor has not been altered by interior designers, it has the air of naiveté of a french bistrot.

It is a small, local family-run business - during the 10 years I've been eating there the quality of the ingredients, the service and the waiters (!) have all been the same and of high quality.

Typical french cuisine - fillet, frog legs, fish, soup of the day, crepes suzettes etc.

Never too crowded, slightly older people, cozy and a small but beautiful terrace in the summer.

• Visited December 2011