“Just the job” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Athens Center Square

You added Athens Center Square to your Saves list
Athens Center Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15, Aristogitonos Street & Athinas | Monastiraki/ Psyri, Athens 10552, Greece (Omonia)   |
Offers & Announcements
% SPRING SALES
Ranked #21 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Just the job”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Stayed for three nights and was a little reluctant due to the reviews of other hotels in Athens at this price range. However they say the proof is in the pudding and we were pleasantly surprised.

OK so it is located in front of the local market but we were not bothered by this at all, given it is a city centre hotel most guests will spend all day out.
Rooms are more than adequate clean and air conditioned, bathrooms neat and tidy with hot water. Breakfast not so exciting but plentiful its just the variety that may become dull after more than about 3 nights. Staff friendly and helpful.

The hotel is no more than 10 minutes walk from Monastiriaki Metro station with easy connections from the airport (40 minutes) and the Port at Pireaus (18 minutes). The same 10 minute walk takes you to Hadrians Library and the Roman Agora which stand in the shadow of the Acropolis which is easily walkable.

Avoid at all costs the restaurants of the PLaka area, they are offering poor quality at inflated prices that are insulting to visitors, service is generally perfunctory. The food and welcome are not "traditional Greek" ( I do have some experience having lived in the country for four years in the early 1980s).

To eat try the following:
Miniatura restaurant - Romvis 21. close to Ermou midway between Monastiraki and Syntagma: quaint famil;y owned and run real greek food.
Platanos Taverna - Diogenous4 busy with a typical range of greek offerings at reasonable prices.
Fasoli restaurant - Perikleous 32 also close to Ermou between Monastiraki and Syntagma. Modern and keenly priced greek &.internationalfood with great service.

Enjoy "

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Thank you for staying with us and for your review.
I am pleased you enjoyed the fruit market and the modern atmosphere of the room/bathroom.
I like your recommendations on the tavernas which are not very well knowned among tourists.

Hope to see you again if you come back and get an even higher score.

G.manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Argos, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I stayed in that hotel for two nights. The negatives were: the elevators were very small, in the street directly next to Aristogitonos (Sokratous) there was a hooker's spot with black women every night, on Aristogitonos (where the hotel was located) there was flea market every day and the reception and stuff was from average to arrogant (and to explain this: The card slot to open my door was problematic. I asked 4 times for the receptionist to help me, everytime he was ignoring me supposing that I didn't know how to use the card and suggesting me to retry!! Finally, when he came upstairs, he couldn't open it himself -it was so funny to see his face!- but he finally managed to open it after trying 5-6 times! Next morning, the same problem occurred, I asked my door to be repaired but the new receptionist was arrogant against me. Finally, I found out a way to open the door by smashing a couple of times the doorhanlde before entering the card into the slot!). The positives were: the newly renovated clean room, the modern (although small) bathroom, the big and comfortable bed, the view to Acropolis, the breakfast which was ok. Also, I didn't notice any noise during my stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
Dear sir,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and although your stay was not up to standard you would still recommend it to friends.
As your opinion counts to us to make us improve i would appreciate very much if you could send me further details by e mail about the dates you stayed so I can find out more.

I thank you in advance for your co operation.

G. Manager
Crete
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 3 days/2 nights and were most impressed. The hotel has been recently refurbished and has been tastefully decorated and the rooms are very comfortable. There is a lovely roof garden with chairs, tables and loungers and you have a fantastic view of the Acropolis. The staff are really friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. We had breakfast provided and this was ideal to start the day's shopping experience. There was so much choice and you can help yourself to as much as you like. The location is brilliant - you are right in the centre of the shopping area and close by to the Athens metro station so are able to travel around easily.
Just one small thing - there was no hairdryer in the room which would have been helpful. Other than that, it was a great hotel and we will be staying there again on our next trip to Athens.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

My partner and I stayed at this hotel twice throughout our travels through Greece and found it to be a fabulous place to stay and explore from. Should we ever travel to Greece again this will definately be our Hotel of choice for our time in Athens.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
How nice to hear that you had such a nice experience in our hotel!
I thank you for your review and high score!

Hope to see you again in the future.

G. manager
Istanbul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

The hotel was close to subway/metro stations and also it was within very easy reach of Monastiraki, Syntagma Squares and Plaka (on foot). There was a market just in front of the hotel and thus the neighbourhood was very lively in the day time. It was quite at night but we never felt unsafe. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The Acropolis view was fabulous. We were very pleased with the hotel, it was good value for money.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased to know that you had a nice stay in our hotel and that you enjoyed the colourful fruit market oposite.

I thank you for your review!

G. Manager

very central
friendly, helpful staff
good price!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
DORINAPLAKA, manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
I thank you very much for your positive review and your high score.
I hope that you will have similar experience every time you come to us.

manager
Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

The hotel and is quite good and furnished..It is not so far from Montanaskari..around 7 minutes walk...But the stuff is so rude. I have never faced such a terrible and arrogant stuff. They spoke with my like doing a fight...in fact I was a customer! The hotel chain should educate the stuff which is different in their attitudes from Hermes and Plaka Hotels. I will write more after finishing my stay here. Finally, what I suggest is if you can exceed your budget limit a bit, pay 20 euro more and stay another hotel so you may receive a qualified service which is not inhumane!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear sir,

I understand that you have not been satisfied with our staff during your stay in our hotel.
I would appreciate very much if you could send further details with person and facts.
Your opinion counts to us a lot.

I thank you in advance for your time.

manager

Been to Athens Center Square? Share your experiences!