“All the motions of a hotel stay painted with a pallet of respect, friendliness, courtesy and above all value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Athens Center Square

You added Athens Center Square to your Saves list
Athens Center Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15, Aristogitonos Street & Athinas | Monastiraki/ Psyri, Athens 10552, Greece   |
Offers & Announcements
% WINTER SALES
Ranked #22 of 324 Hotels in Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived in Athens we were overcome with the friendly people. Traveling from Texas where people are usually very welcoming we were unsure if we should go along with the friendly people or run a mile as it seems to good to be true. After a short taxi ride that cost 35E we arrived at The hotel. Not every driver is familiar with the location as the hotel is fairly new. Just mention the vegetable market on athinas and they will know where to go. When we first walked in we felt as if we had just walked into an oasis as outside is extremely busy with the ongoings of the market. Olga greeted us and went above her duty to help us with any suggestions or questions we had. We stayed at the hotel for 11 days and have asked Olga questions from translations to cultural explanations. None of them have baffled her or even seemed to be a bother. She is truley a wealth of information and is quite an asset for the hotel chain. Our room was perfect. Spacious, modern and even a bit of a reward after a long day of touring Greece. The breakfast is delicious and easy. Open from 7-10. The laundry is so cheap, 8E for a large bag of washing. The Internet was free too. Very efficient to make video calls or download movies. The area is a bit sketchy, but that can be said about most of athen areas that are not on the parliament square. If I was a single woman walking at 4am I would just take a taxi. The location is ideal as it is very central. Close to the metro, shops, restaurants. The main street constantly has taxis running up and down so that is never an issue. I couldn't recommend this hotel any more. We spent a night at the Grande Bretagne just to spoil our selves and take advantage of the spa and of course it was nice but it was also 6 times the rate of Athens Center Square Hotel. Honestly you can't beat the value for money here. Email me and ask me any questions, I would love to give you any advice on this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

What a lovely title you gave for our hotel !! We are all delighted and thankful for your motivated review with plenty of details which will be helpful to TA readers.

We just hope that you will come again may be on a summer period in order to enjoy the splendid Acropolis view from our roof terrace.

Thank you again for your high score.

Kind regards from all of us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here over new year and brought in the new year on the roof. The location is really handy for all the main attractions within a short walk. The rooms are really clean and the staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough to help with any questions we had. The area was not at all dodgy. The breakfast offered a good selection

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this review, January 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to know that your stay at the hotel was positive experience and that the New Year had an impressive start for you!
Hope to see you again.

Happy New Year !
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I was quite apprehensive given the absurdly low price I booked with hotelsdotcom, but was more than pleasantly surprised for a three night stay in January when the weather was perfect, there were no strikes and nary another tourist. I have been in Athens many times, and did not feel that the area was particularly dodgy (OK the last few steps across the empty fruit market at night are slightly dubious). I fact I loved exiting into the busy colorful market and picking up snacks for the room on the way back. I would note that given the economic situation in Greece, it's best to be aware of your surroundings late at night anywhere in the city, but again, probably much less dangerous than any major US city or London. My room was simple, but contained everything I could want and overlooked the market square, which I loved. The breakfast was excellent. It is easy walking distance to almost everywhere in Athens, although a slight hike uphill from the train station from the airport. Close to many cafes, restaurants and shopping. Just a superb friendly casual base in this fascinating exciting city.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We're delighted to read your comments and thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. Comments such as these are a tremendous motivation for us all to continue offering the standards of service to our guests.
We are glad you enjoyed the central location and the fruit market in front of the hotel.

We all wish you a very happy New Year and hope to see you again !
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

good spot if you're going to be in Athens for 1 to 2 days.. it was a nice modern quiet spot the minute you step in from the loud fruit market outside.. you would never think something this nice would be located here.. awesome view of the Acropolis from their top room lounge area.. not sure why you would need to push 2 beds together to make one big one, but hey.. it worked as we were wrapping up our trip anyway before heading back home.. the staff was very friendly and helpful.. they got the taxi to pull up right infront of the very chaotic market.. oh, and pizza delivery was very fast.. I would stay here again..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you were satisfied with the service you received from our staff, and the location of the hotel. Satisfaction of our guests is our primary concern and we are very glad when we achieve a positive result.

Kind regards and Happy New Year !
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I originally chose Plaka Hotel, one of the sister hotels, for my week stay in Athens, but due to renovation work, they offered me Athens Center Square Hotel....and I'm glad they did! For the inconvenience, they offered us a lovely room with a beautiful view of the Acropolis- amazing! The complimentary buffet breakfast left us spoilt for choice every morning-and particular mention must be paid to the Greek corner of the buffet-delicious feta cheese, yoghurt and honey!

The staff at the reception desk were extremely friendly and helpful-particulary Olga- and the hotel lobby provided us with a good chance to unwind with a free cup of tea/coffee after our mammoth walks around the delightful city of Athens.

Despite reading previous reviews about the surrounding area, we found it to be safe, night or day, if you stick to the main roads. I loved the fruit and veg market being outside the hotel-was very fun walking through the hustle and bustle, watching Greeks bartering, laughing, and chatting! I definitely would stay here again when I next visit Athens-and would recommend it to others also.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay in Athens Center Suare hotel and not in Plaka due to renovation closure.

Thank you for sharing on TA all the details that will help other client, and for your high score.

We all wish a very happy New year and hope to see you again on a future trip to Athens.

Kind regards
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I spent a lot of time trying to find the right hotel for my mom and I to stay at in Athens. Location was key, but price was also a key factor. Eventually, I decided on Athens Center Square because it allowed us to travel direct to the port and airport and was about 30€ cheaper per night than other hotels in the nearby area. The only drawback of this hotel is that the area it borders on is a bit dodgy. My mom (who is in her late 60s) was afraid to go out at night because of the area's bad reputation, but if I had been with my husband, we wouldn't have even thought about danger. It really didn't feel unsafe at all, in my opinion. However, the staff at the hotel advised us not to walk in the area north of the hotel at night. My mom and I never felt threatened, but we were very careful and did not stay out late. If you are a confident and smart traveler, I would not consider this to be a drawback.

The breakfast in the hotel is amazing given how cheap the rooms are. We really enjoyed it. My mom especially liked the coffee. The staff were super friendly and extremely helpful. We were able to access free wifi, which was also a bonus.

The beds were simple and the room was nothing spectacular, but still comfortable with a very nice television and refrigerator. Overall, it was a very good value and a place we would recommend to anyone traveling to Athens.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you and your mother had a nice time in our hotel and that you enjoeyed the central location, our breakfast and the frendly staff gave you good advice.
We really hope to see you again inthe future with your husband.

Thank you fot your high score.

Best regards
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

After reading a ton of reviews, we booked the ACS Hotel & were not disappointed.

The hotel is a quick walk from all the good stuff you'll want to see. Much is made of the location, but I felt perfectly fine walking from Omonia Station to the hotel & vice versa at night; my gf said she'd be uneasy doing that walk alone. It's really not that bad. You'll see horizontal collaborators and a crack head here or there, but we were never approached, bothered, or followed by anyone.

The rooms were nicely appointed in an IKEA-ish kinda way. Beds were comfy, toiletries were provided, heater worked like a charm. There was no iron/ironing board. If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room on the inside of the building, otherwise, Athens (cars, church bells, street market) will be your alarm clock come 7 am. Flatscreen TV with a few English channels and a small fridge were a nice bonus.

The rooftop area was cool. It was a bit chilly when we were there last week, but nonetheless, it was a nice place to hang out for a bit and have a drink.

Breakfast was very good. Many options (yogurt, cereals, breads, jams, eggs, cold meats & cheeses, olives, coffee) and all were fresh. It's a solid way to start your day.

Internet was a little pricey, but that's my only complaint.

We wouldn't hesitate to book again & would certainly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the market if you want to sleep a little better.