“The finest store of this type we have seen in three days” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 90 Shopping in Athens
Type: Art Galleries, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: high quality, in greece manufactured and hand made MUSEUM COPIES in BRONZE - Marble - Ceramic - Resin
Palm Harbor, Florida
28 attraction reviews
“The finest store of this type we have seen in three days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stopped in just because of the Trip Advisor reviews. It clearly is a shop with quality reproductions and the sales staff are in no way agressive or pushy. This should be a must stop if you are looking for a quality piece to remember your visit.

Visited September 2013

San Francisco, California
64 attraction reviews
“My favorite and the most stunning shop in the Plaka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Gallery Demeter is my absolute favorite shop in Athens. I have been visiting Greece almost yearly for the past seven years and always make Gallery Demeter my first stop when in Athens. Savas Zoidis, the delightful owner of Gallery Demeter, has designed a stunning shop, filled with excellent quality bronze replicas and equally excellent quality ceramic and marble statues and vases. He sells some jewelry as well. Everything is tastefully presented and Savas and his sweet cat, Penelope, make this my favorite place to visit while in Athens. I always purchase my souvenirs and gifts to take home from Savas and one year bought a large bronze ship model (gorgeous!) and Savas packaged it with great care and it arrived in beautiful shape. The quality and prices of the pieces Savas sell are the best and he provides the name of the artist and some background information on statues that you buy. I know I am getting good quality here from a reliable and very nice person. I believe the sign saying "Gallery Demeter" is no longer hanging over the shop, so look for number 8 Vyronos, one of the main streets into the Plaka. It is on the corner one or two blocks into the Plaka from the pedestrian street that surrounds the Acropolis. My home is filled with treasures from this shop and I am always reminded of Greece and good times there when I see them.

Visited May 2013
München
5 attraction reviews
“Back in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Back in Athens i visited again the Gallery Demeter in Plaka, Vyronos 8. I found Penelope again sitting on the same place... In front of the heating. I walked again in a lot of shops in Plaka. This time i was searching for ceramics. I found a very nice hand painted box with a ship in the style of the geometic period. Excellent... For this price nice price... The cycladic collection is very nice in this gallery. I'm a fan from this sculptures. I bought one last year. If like to see what perfekt quality the greek bronce producers are abel to do, you need to have a look to the pieces. Thank you very much. Gallery Demeter is a must visit in Athens.

Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Treat yourself to a unique shopping experience in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

When you are looking to purchase something very special as a memento from your trip to Athens, visit Gallery Demeter. It is just a short walk from the Acropolis right in the heart of the Plaka. Step inside and you'll be immediately in awe of the store's wonderful collection of beautiful bronze sculptures, wall hangings, ceramics, one-of-a kind jewlery and hand-embroidered pieces. I have had the privilege of knowing the store's owner, Savvas Zoidis for many years through several trips to Athens. Savvas is a very kind and hospitable soul, and he will share with you his knowledge of whichever piece you may be interested in purchasing, and patiently answer all your questions. He is also a master in packing and shipping! So, if you wish to have your purchase shipped home, you can have complete confidence that it will arrive safely and on time. When you look back on your fond memories of visiting Athens, I think your visit to Gallery Demeter will be one of them.

Visited September 2012
Netherlands/USA Chicago
“Excellent selection of sculptures and ceramics and very friendly owner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

We walked in and out of MANY shops and until we walked into Gallery Demeter, we were never comfortable that we were seeing quality products. We had no prior experience shopping for ceramics, but the owner very professionally pointed out the features of his items that made us confident that we would have a showpiece to be proud of! He shipped it to us in the Netherlands and it arrived as promised and very securely packaged. If you want to shop for a unique and hand crafted collectible, be sure to give this shop a visit!