“Love everything about this place..” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Mexican, Asian fusion
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Athens, Greece
“Love everything about this place..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have visited Altamira restaurant many times and I must say that above all I like the building itself. It feels like you get in one of the old houses of Athens with a wooden staircase and tall ceiling.The food is very good with many choices in different cuisines and the wine list also satisfactory. Overall I would suggest it for a nice dinner with friends-very relaxing atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Athens, Greece
“excellent food and the deserts mama mia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The food is ethnic, tastefull, especially the mexican You must deside among a great variety, and thw stuff is very helpfull and ready to explain everything. Don't forget to drink first margarita, one of the best in Athens, and ofcourse the desserts.
The restaurant its at a luxurious house of around 1880, reconstructed, with painted ceilings, and a fantastic wooden scale. Also the music its nice and the service its quick.
The price its about 15 euros per person

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“this is not a chinese!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

me and my partner used trip advisor to search for a decent Chinese restaurant in central Athens when this restaurant popped up so we set off one evening to find it and really struggled despite asking locals numerous times! it was tucked away behind a church and barely showed any resemblance of being a restaurant at all. When we arrived we asked the waiter if this was the restaurant we were looking for and he said yes of course, however when we read the menu we realised he blatantly said that just to get us sat down as the cuisine was far from Chinese but Mexican and indian! by this point we already had drinks so had no choice but to stay. My partner had fajitas and I had the pesto beef burger which was nice but pricey! the service was ok but nothing special, had to try make eye contact with the waiter and owner to give our orders AND ask for the bill despite it not being busy at all. Wouldn't go back there and wouldn't recommend it!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Many many many choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

You can choose from 4 entirely different menus, For example you can have a Mexican starter, a Chinese main and an Arabic or Indian desert if you wish. Every time I go there I take a lot of time to decide what to order. Service is pretty good and relatively quick.Nice(mainly jazz) music. Price is about 25-30 euros for two main dishes, a salad, and a starter. I wish the portions where a little bit larger.
If you enjoy having a lot of choices, its the place to dine out

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rhodes, Greece
“I was expecting more.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Depending the reputation and the prices they value the food to be honest i was expecting more. The place was full good service although but it was missing a bit of touch in every plate especially the main courses. Salads and starters where ok. I insist they can reduce the prices a bit compare what are u getting in the table.at the left it left me the taste they can make it better why they dont try for?

• Visited December 2012