We have just stayed 7 nights in this beautiful hotel. 3 of the nights in a Deluxe Double Room and 4 nights in a Garden Pool Villa. A very nice touch of the hotel to offer a free upgrade and the Garden Pool Villa is totally worth upgrading for. I believe it even has a larger pool than the more expensive Pool Villas.
The hotel is located at the end of Choeng Mon beach which wins hands down compared to Chaweng. It is a white sandy beach, bay shaped. Outside the hotel, in walking distance, is plenty of restaurants offering tasty and very cheap thai food.
We loved the staff at this hotel. The guys working at the beach went out of their way to do everything for you, serving water and fruits all day. We had "our" beach sunbeds made up for us prior to arriving at the beach, very very appreciated!
The gym is better than usual hotel gyms and is free of charge. I usually don't work out during my holidays but did during this trip and the Sala gym was great with a variety of machines to use.
The breakfast selection is both buffestyle and a la carte and you can mix. Very tasty and I already miss my Egg Benedict and omelet and the very fresh Mango Lassie.
I usually want to get out of the hotel and explore during my trips but Sala is a relaxing place and we had most of our lunches at the hotel on the beach.
The staff was as mentioned very friendly and you could tell that they were happy and enjoyed their job (which we were told by several of the staff). A special thanks to NES at the restaurant who served us for some of our dinners and made us laugh a lot. BOY at the beach who made up our sunbeds and was always smiling.
There are two pools and we mainly used the black pool which was the adult pool (most of the times). The white pool is located by the restaurant which is a disadvantage. The hotel is more couples orientated and we didn't like having splashing kids 1 m away when having lunch.
Oh I almost forgot. They have a fantastic SPA. We had booked the spa package which included 5 1/2 hrs of treatment divided in three occasions. I usually fell a sleep thanks to BEE's talent. Massage is cheap in Thailand at the beach, but you certainly get what you pay for and you really can't compare getting a massage by the beach to a real SPA. It is worth to book the spa package prior to arrival, a lot cheaper than paying each treatment when there.
We will gladly return to this cosy and friendly hotel.
Watch out when getting up from your private pool. It is very slippery and I fell and hurt my leg quite a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Samui Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort on Koh Samui island, featuring private swimming pools in 53 out of 69 total villas and suites.At SALA Samui, a comfortable, relaxing ambiance is created by a harmonious blend of traditional Thai architecture with modern facilities and amenities. Friendly, well-trained staff pamper guests with professional, personalized service.Located on pristine Choeng Mon beach on the northeast corner of Koh Samui island, SALA Samui is just 15 minutes from the Samui airport, 20 minutes from Bo Phut's quaint Fisherman's Village, and only 15 minutes from Chaweng Beach shopping and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your SALA Samui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Samui Resort And Hotel Koh Samui
- Sala Samui Hotel
- SALA Samui Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Choeng Mon